impacted canine ? how many years in braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Georgina A

Re: impacted canine ? how many years in braces?

#16 Post by Georgina A »

I'm 28 years old and got my METAL braces on yesterday. I know that in 2 years when I get them off I will be able to smile with complete confidence and don't really care what everyone else thinks about my braces. You're treatment will most likely take the same amount of time. The average is 2-2 1/2 years for adult treatment. My friends and family don't care about how I look and my fiance thinks my metal mouth is beautiful. My canines look like vampire fangs, and correcting them was my biggest motivation for getting braces. My braces don't look bad, and I'm rockin' out with my brace face! Most people aren't gonna care that you have braces and will probably commend you for doing something good for yourself. I've been self conscience about my smile since I was a kid, so what's 2 more years? Just do it! Rock it out, and good luck!