Braces applied at 28!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Georgina A

Braces applied at 28!

#1 Post by Georgina A »

Hello all! My name is Georgina and I am 28 years old. I got my braces applied yesterday. The problem I have is severe crowding on my upper and lower teeth along with a crossbite. The crowding on my upper teeth makesmy canines look like vampire fangs, and because I have an extra incisor on my lower jaw, it's just a mess. I have to get one removed to make everything fit correctly. I was really hoping to get ceramic braces because being 28 years old I wanted this to be the least noticeable as possible, however, I could not afford the extra thousand dollars for them. So I decided to suck up my pride and go metal. I'm looking at it like this: I will have these braces for two- two and a half years, but after I get them off I will have something for the rest of my life I have never had before; A confident smile. My parents could not afford to get me me braces when I was a kid. I have never been able to smile withut feeling self conscience, and either smile with my mouth shut or, smile so that my fangs wouldn't show. It has always been really upsetting. I remember in high school somebody telling me I have vampire fangs, and it really hits hard when you're constantly thinking about your teeth and hating the way they look. Before I got them on, I told everyone, "I'm gonna rock my braces!" I am really surprised,they don't look bad at all! The pain sucks, but as the saying goes, "no pain, no gain!" Anybody who is looking to get this done,I would advise to definitely do it. Because I have gonesince fourth grade not liking my teeth, and I know that in the long run, it's gonna be so worth it! And when I get married in two years after I get them off, I am gonna smile the biggest smile ever and make sure I get many close up pictures of my perfectly straight teeth. And the best thing about this right now, is that my fiance thinks I look beautiful with a mouth full of metal. Fixing my teeth is one the best decisions I have decided to do for myself. And I am definitely "Rocking my braces!"

xanidu2012

Re: Braces applied at 28!

#2 Post by xanidu2012 »

Welcome Georgina Congrats on your braces :jump:

GillyWeed

#3 Post by GillyWeed »

Hi Georgina :-1

It's so refreshing to hear someone who is embracing their braces. A positive attitude will make the journey go by that much faster. Do you have traditional metal or SL brackets, because with the traditional you can always play around with colours (which is exactly what i'm doing lol).

Here's wishing you the best of luck on your journey and Congrats on being engaged :heart:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

Georgina A

#4 Post by Georgina A »

Thanks for all your kind words :) I have traditional metal, and I am also playing around with colors. I got light blue just as a tester to see how it looks and next time I'm going with hot pink! I am also getting my expander put in on July 31st, so I'm a little excited to see how that is going to start changing my smile. I know it's only the second day, but I can't wait to start seeing changes!

thunderbolt

#5 Post by thunderbolt »

Congrats Georgina! I got mine on my 28th birthday!! :)