What's the best color of bands for braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cavomington

Re: What's the best color of bands for braces?

#16 Post by cavomington »

Do any adults actually get colored bands? I just can't see myself doing anything that isn't camouflaged with my tooth color.

GillyWeed

#17 Post by GillyWeed »

I currently have dark purple ligs on and they have held up so well against staining + they look really cute.

I personally don't think silver ligs are anymore discreet, however I do think that they show a level of conservatism so I understand sticking with them if you're self-conscious about your braces. But if you're even thinking about colours just give it a shot and if you absolutely hate them just go back to your ortho and beg them to switch them out for you.

Best of luck:)
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

xanidu2012

#18 Post by xanidu2012 »

Went for 1st adjustment 6/19/12. I changed colors to red on top and blue on bottom for the approaching 4th of July :-* . It was a real hit :lol: with my husband and kids :mrgreen:

Georgina A

#19 Post by Georgina A »

I did light blue for the first time as a trial period, to get an idea for what they were gonna look like. I got a lot of compliments on the suttle and discreet color. But next time I'm going all out and getting hot pink! It's really all about whether you want your braces to be discreet or noticeable, and I'm rocking my metal mouth! You'll have plenty of time to play around with colors and will most likely end up switching it up just because of monotony though. Have fun with it! :tingrin:

tcali

#20 Post by tcali »

I just got braced yesterday top, and decided to go hot pink with metal braces! Loving them so far =)