What is your number?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Angel269

Re: What is your number?

#16 Post by Angel269 »

8-9 months (Mainly to deal with my diastema)

Start this Friday (22/06/12) :|

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

midnight

#17 Post by midnight »

Anytime between 9 months and 24 months pre-surgery.... (2 different opinions) Based on my current progress I would estimate a year but I haven't actually asked my ortho what she thinks as I'm not sure I want to know the answer if it's longer.

Ashybear

#18 Post by Ashybear »

21-24 months for me. I'm on my third day now and can't wait to get them off, lol!

NICURN85

#19 Post by NICURN85 »

24-30 months is the estimate I was given at my consultation. We will see if its any longer or shorter once I get x-ray and everything done on next Tuesday.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

TMJJill

#20 Post by TMJJill »

24 months originally. I'm already a few months behind in getting my lowers though so it won't surprise me if I end up with things going longer.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

Marigold

#21 Post by Marigold »

I was told 30 months. I'm 17 months in right now. The thought of another year in these things makes me want to cry. BUT... had an adjustment today and he was very happy with my bite progress. It made me very hopeful that they'll come off sooner. Next adjustment I'm going to work up the nerve to ask!
Class II moderately deep overbite, mild crowding.
Braced on January 19, 2011. Debraced on December 16, 2013.
2 years, 11 months in braces.

xanidu2012

#22 Post by xanidu2012 »

20-24 months of being a metal mouth :lol:

overbite23

#23 Post by overbite23 »

I've had my braces on for 1 month and 4 days.

Acklay

#24 Post by Acklay »

Was told "24 months +"

I'm a bit concerned about what was meant by "plus." Anyway, it's way to early to tell if it will be sooner or later, but from what my orthodontist has said it doesn't look like it'll be any sooner.
Braces Installed on 5/3/2012
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 Months+
Click here to read about my experience!

klobird

#25 Post by klobird »

24 months for me. I asked the orthodontist if I was still on track. He said I was as long as I get some teeth extracted that are not allowing my teeth to move back. Extractions were not part of the original plan.

I must be in what they call the "working phase" but I sure don't feel like it's the braces doing all the work!

Sita

#26 Post by Sita »

24 months, maybe less if I'm lucky. Though I saw my ortho a week ago when he checked my teeth when I had a wire trimmed and he told me that because I have such a strong bite this is going to take a while.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

Georgina A

#27 Post by Georgina A »

24-30 months, and just got them on yesterday!!! But it's all good because I am looking forward to seeing the end result of a perfect smile! It'll fly by!

starfish88

#28 Post by starfish88 »

I get them on in a week and was told it will be 18 months give or take. Half nervous half excited at the moment.

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

BracedInNOLA

#29 Post by BracedInNOLA »

3 years for me. And I was told they've only had 2 adult patients 'finish early' (I didn't have the guts to ask how many total adult patients -- but it was clear 2 was a very very very small percentage).
I'm doing it primarily for bite reasons - any cosmetic improvements are just lagniappe.

kreyFL

#30 Post by kreyFL »

18 to 24 months here. Although ortho said "Probably closer to 24 months". You can see my ticker below - I am getting so antsy!