Movement in only one month!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mylene

Movement in only one month!

#1 Post by Mylene »

What I would give for a "before" picture. Exactly one month to the day that my braces were installed, my super crooked bottom teeth are now aligned. No wonder they're so sore. Is this normal, to have such substantial movement in only one month??!?

Happy to answer any real estate questions - message me!

OldBikerBag

Re: Movement in only one month!

#2 Post by OldBikerBag »

You lucky duck. Mine feel more crowded and crooked than ever, only now I have little gaps between my center front teeth.
385 Days in Damon Braces

marybee

#3 Post by marybee »

I am also amazed at the difference a few short weeks made! I thought it was my imagination but I had a tooth that was really crooked on the bottom and now after 12 weeks, it's even with the rest and the bottom teeth are really nice!!!!! :BigGrin:
Some days I wake up and my teeth feel a little wobbly and other days I forget the braces are there (until my lips get too dry and the top lip gets caught on the hooks) :yuck:

MisterChris

#4 Post by MisterChris »

Same thing happened to me. I got braces on my bottom row in August (tops added three months ago) and one tooth in particular was really crooked and pushed straight back by a bad tooth that I had to have pulled prior to getting the braces. In fact it was so crooked I inquired about getting it pulled as well since I thought it would never be able to straighten. Well, to my shock, the movement, especially on that one tooth seemed to start almost immediately and by my first follow up six weeks later it was completely in line with the rest of my bottom teeth. The human body can be an amazing thing.

Mylene

#5 Post by Mylene »

OldBikerBag wrote:You lucky duck. Mine feel more crowded and crooked than ever, only now I have little gaps between my center front teeth.
I'm sorry to hear that. :( I bet it's just the process and eventually your teeth will be right where they belong! I have little gaps, too, since my teeth are straightening out.

Huggypillow

#6 Post by Huggypillow »

WOW Maylele same thing happened to me withing about 2 months my bottom teeth were super straight. I sometimes look at them and feel weird because they have never been smooth at the back because of the crowding and if feels weird to look at them. Because they are straight.

Huggypillow

#7 Post by Huggypillow »

Sorry Maylene not Maylele, i dont even know why the spelling came out that way.

Huggypillow

#8 Post by Huggypillow »

Sorry Mylene, what the hell is wrong with me today????

Mylene

#9 Post by Mylene »

Haha no worries it's actually Mylene :P

Mylene

#10 Post by Mylene »

Huggypillow wrote:Sorry Mylene, what the hell is wrong with me today????
It's a strange name, it's OK!

Mylene

#11 Post by Mylene »

OK finally figured out how to get a picture from my iPhone to my computer... so, in lieu of a "before" photo, I will just say that facing the picture, the front bottom tooth on the right (my left) used to "hide" behind the two adjacent teeth, so it was basically sticking "in", if that makes sense. For years it felt crowded and I felt like my teeth were naturally migrating toward the midline; I didn't realize that was actually the tendency until I met my ortho last month. The teeth are still really sore when I eat, but after seeing so much movement, I really don't blame them! And, they're not perfectly aligned yet, so I'm sure it will be months before they're where my ortho wants them to be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

loradora

#12 Post by loradora »

You're very lucky. I had the same problem but they removed one of my front teeth then closed the gap with braces. I've got a very small mouth. More than likely your crowding would have gotten progressively worse as you got older so it's great that you're getting it taken care of.

thunderbolt

#13 Post by thunderbolt »

Congrats Mylene!! Sounds like you're making fantastic progress...and all in one month! :-D

xanidu2012

#14 Post by xanidu2012 »

Congrats on movement. My ortho took pics at consultation. When I look in the mirror I look the same at least to me :lol: when I went for 1st adjustment ortho said he was pleased with 1 month progress. I just looked at him like "ok whose mouth are you looking in" with this :crazy: look my face :lol: . The only thing I am certain of is that my teeth are very loose :lol:

Mylene

#15 Post by Mylene »

If your teeth are loose I bet they're moving a lot... it's just hard to see it sometimes, since you look at your teeth everyday. I'm hoping for the best!