getting started..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ca214

getting started..

#1 Post by ca214 »

Hey all,

I'm new to this and just getting started. I'm a 32 yr old guy who's been thinking about braces for a while - finally made an appointment and jumped in to it last month. I probably should have had braces when I was younger, but here we are - my thinking now is to just get it done while I'm still relatively young.

Today was spacer day, and next tuesday is brace day - i'm getting upper ceramics for 16 months, and will have lower ceramics towards the end of my treatment. I also have to have one pre-molar taken out to make room for the movement needed to correct my midline (basically my whole top left side has been marching forward, causing crowding and other fun stuff). I also have a minor overbite, and some crowding on the bottom.

So far, so good with the spacers, and can actually already feel them pushing my teeth around - definitely an interesting sensation...

Looking forward to next tuesday with a solid mix of excitement and trepidation.

C in Boston

NICURN85

Re: getting started..

#2 Post by NICURN85 »

Hi and welcome to the board!!! It is great that you have taken the step to get braces. I will start with impressions and records on the 26th. Just know you will have lots of support on here. Lets us know how things are progressing!!! :jump:
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

ca214

#3 Post by ca214 »

thanks - appreciate the welcome. it's good to know there are lots of others going through the same process..

C

nikkibabie19

#4 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Welcome. Congrats on taking the plunge.

You should feel right at home on this board. I know ii did.

Keep us updated on ur progress

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

furious george

#5 Post by furious george »

Congrats! Looking forward to updates!
Female, Age 37
Braced: 6/13/12
GAC In-Ovation C Top, Metal Bottom
Initial Estimated sentence: 12-14 months
SENTENCE EXTENDED: 18 months

ca214

#6 Post by ca214 »

Well today was braces day! :shock:

Went in about 4 hours ago, and got the top braces along with 2 molar bands. So far, so good - they're less visible than I had imagined, and I got to get rid of 4 out of the 8 spacers, which was nice. Bottom spacers stay in for ~10 more days until i go back in and they add a lower lingual holding arch and 2 bands.

Not having any pain, yet, but feel like the molar bands will be the most annoying bit to get used to. I'm about to venture into the world of braced eating, and a bit apprehensive about that...

C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
32 yr old guy from Boston

Upper Ceramics on 6/19/12
Lower Ceramics on 3/25/13
Braces off on 9/23/14

Original estimate of 16 months treatment time - ended up at 27 months.

Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42423

zdenka

#7 Post by zdenka »

Welcome and good luck. :)
Total sentence 567 days. :)
Debond day: Dec 10, 2013

ArchWired28

#8 Post by ArchWired28 »

Yeah, your midline can definitely benefit of some centering :lol: Other than that I think your teeth look good. Enjoy, as time certainly flies by :wink:
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

Angel269

#9 Post by Angel269 »

They look really good. I hope mine will blend in as well as that with regards to tooth and bracket colour (I am getting a white wire too though).

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

zdenka

#10 Post by zdenka »

I agree with others that your braces look pretty good. I guess it helps that your teeth are quite straight to begin with.
Total sentence 567 days. :)
Debond day: Dec 10, 2013

auco99

#11 Post by auco99 »

They look great man. Your teeth are going to really look great in a few months.
Uppers: Ceramic Damons, braced 1-31-12
Lowers: Metal, braced 5-31-12

Marktee

#12 Post by Marktee »

amazing what can be done!