Picture of my before teeth ( a whole week and a half ago)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lillypad

Picture of my before teeth ( a whole week and a half ago)

#1 Post by Lillypad »

The before and one week after. Lordy, when will these bad boys move??
By the way...sorry the pictures are HUGE!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

auco99

Re: Picture of my before teeth ( a whole week and a half ago

#2 Post by auco99 »

Keep an eye on the wires, not necessarily the teeth. You'll be surprised at how quickly the wires start to straighten out. Sometimes it's a domino effect...you just need that one tooth to move, then the rest follow. Your teeth are very pretty already...your smile will look great in no time.
Uppers: Ceramic Damons, braced 1-31-12
Lowers: Metal, braced 5-31-12

BellaBraces

#3 Post by BellaBraces »

Yes, wire movement was the first thing I noticed.

MisterChris

#4 Post by MisterChris »

I felt the same way going into mine, I thought they would never move, but surprise, surprise the movement started almost immediately and by my first follow up six weeks later the change was very apparent. Like auco99 said, keep your eye on the wire. The wire doesn't lie. Bit by bit you'll see the jaggedness smooth out.

Lux

#5 Post by Lux »

Wire movement was the first thing I noticed too - when I first got braced, my upper teeth wires were CRAZY looking.. all zig zaggy and whatnot. Within about a month, it was almost in a half circle arch. Now 7 months later, it's perfectly rounded/arched. Don't worry, it will happen for you! A week is a little soon to be expecting it! lol I know how you feel though... The first couple weeks I had mine, I inspected every single tooth and was CONVINCED they had moved already by the second day. lol

starfish88

#6 Post by starfish88 »

I was checking my teeth for movement this morning not even a whole day after getting braced! Surprise surprise no movement (that I can see) but I was a bit disapointed since I was expecting something after all this pain! Won't be long though for either of us by the sounds of it! So excited!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

nikkibabie19

#7 Post by nikkibabie19 »

First thing i noticed was the floss fiting easier in some places and getting tigher in others....

Then i noticed the wire....:D

@Starfish lol....Dont worry give it time...(It takes like 3weeks for the teeth to loosen up) then the movement will start....lol

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

DrDevo

#8 Post by DrDevo »

Your pictures are an inspiration, I'm 6 weeks in to my treatment today! Hoping for a similar outcome.

GillyWeed

#9 Post by GillyWeed »

Your braces look great! I'm like you, well I'm a month in but I have absolutely no patience and want to see changes now! Lol... Just remember patience is a virtue.

Good luck :thumbsup:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964