Oral Surgery Today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Oral Surgery Today!

#1 Post by klobird »

So ya, In a few hours I will be getting my completely bony impacted wisdom tooth and a molar removed. :yikes: :shock: :yuck: :huh: :GapToothed: The oral surgeon is really nice.

I'm worried about the pain afterward. I will be having general anesthesia. My stomach is in knots.

These last few months in braces have been really challenging--but still, so far, I don't regret having braces...

starfish88

Re: Oral Surgery Today!

#2 Post by starfish88 »

Good luck, I'm thinking of you. And just think for me its already nearly 8pm so when its that time for you it'll be over!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

NICURN85

#3 Post by NICURN85 »

I hope everything went well for you today!!! Let us know how things went. Hopefully they prescribed you some good pain medication to keep the pain under control.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Grace123

#4 Post by Grace123 »

Hoping for an easy recuperation. Please let us know how you are.

AltoRose

#5 Post by AltoRose »

Ooh, I feel your pain. I just got my remaining three wisdom teeth out on Friday, also under general anesthesia. Mine went smoothly, thank goodness, although I hated not being able to brush my teeth or use mouthwash for two days!! Hope yours went well with minimal pain/swelling...keep us posted!
Second go-round with braces! Age: 32

Rusty'sMom

#6 Post by Rusty'sMom »

I hope you are feeling better today! That is one not-so-fun experience that you have behind you now and that much closer to your healthy beautiful-for-a-lifetime smile! Best wishes and get some rest!
[Image
[/url]]

[Image
[/url]]

klobird

#7 Post by klobird »

So ya, I had them pulled yesterday under general anesthesia.

It was totally fine coming home, with my head rolling all over the place, trying to be alert enough to tell my sister how to get to the pharmacy! (She lives about 2 hours away). Anyway, I guess she started to read the aftercare instructions to me and then all of the sudden she hears me snoring! :crazy:

It was fine for about 4 hours--and then the novacaine wore off. OMG :yikes: it was the worst pain of my life! I have had 3 other MAJOR surgeries and I don't remember pain like that. The directions on the pain meds were that I needed to wait a while longer before taking any more. Ya, no way!! I had to take it right then! It was awful. So, since then, I am taking painkillers about every 3-4hrs.

My face is totally swollen. I have eaten so much pudding jello, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, and applesauce it isn't funny. I'm craving french fries. I am being sooooo careful.

I can't in a million years imagine getting all 4 wisdom teeth out!!

So ya, I'm getting better--and I feel that I will totally be able to go to work on Thursday. I am so glad it's over!!

Thank-you all for your well wishes!!

GillyWeed

#8 Post by GillyWeed »

Hey Klobird,

I hope the pain continues to ease up and you're feeling back to normal asap! Congrats on taking another step towards your perfect smile :heart:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964