The pressure is off.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

furious george

The pressure is off.

#1 Post by furious george »

My teeth I mean. I've had my braces for a week and a half, and the pressure has really let up in the last several days. My mouth isn't getting chewed up anymore (yay!) but my teeth have also stopped hurting. I can feel small amounts of pressure, but it's barely noticeable. On one hand, I am happy about this...but on the other hand, it's making me a little panicky. I want my teeth to MOVE, and I was kind of using that feeling as a positive indicator of changes to come.

I don't go in for an adjustment until the beginning of August. Please tell me I'm overthinking? Right? RIGHT?!
Female, Age 37
Braced: 6/13/12
GAC In-Ovation C Top, Metal Bottom
Initial Estimated sentence: 12-14 months
SENTENCE EXTENDED: 18 months

spudly

Re: The pressure is off.

#2 Post by spudly »

Lucky you ! But it gives me hope :D
Age 48 years young
bands to be fitted 15th June
Bottom metal braces fitted 22nd June
Top ceramic fitted 20th July

zdenka

#3 Post by zdenka »

I hear ya about being impatient. I am the same way. My first follow up is in August and I have had braces for a month now. I want more action !!!
Total sentence 567 days. :)
Debond day: Dec 10, 2013

Angel269

#4 Post by Angel269 »

Good to hear that things are sorting out after a week and a half :-)

I'm 3 days in. I already have a bracket that had detached, last one on back(but fortunately guided by my dentist for my hubby to remove it-successfuly removed) which will be rebonded on my dentists return in 2 weeks. I will then have my first adjustment after a month-late July.

My speech was fine first day and now it seems a tad lispy in places. My teeth feel lose and don't rest on the bottoms like they did pre braces (must mean they are starting to move) and my mouth feels like its burning from all the irritation :-(

I hope this improves as I am feeling a bit down today about it, especially after 5 minutes or more of cleaning after some cereal :-(

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

AltoRose

#5 Post by AltoRose »

Same here! I'm almost two weeks in at this point, and I'm FINALLY at the point where my mouth isn't sore anymore and I've stopped having to use tons of wax. What a relief that is!
Second go-round with braces! Age: 32

BellaBraces

#6 Post by BellaBraces »

Small amounts of pressure should be fine. Things will change, sometimes on a daily basis, as teeth start moving.

furious george

#7 Post by furious george »

Well, nothing is moving yet. But as long as the decreased pressure doesn't mean that things WON'T move, then I'll take it. :lol:
Female, Age 37
Braced: 6/13/12
GAC In-Ovation C Top, Metal Bottom
Initial Estimated sentence: 12-14 months
SENTENCE EXTENDED: 18 months

nikkibabie19

#8 Post by nikkibabie19 »

i have no pain either...im almost a month in...Was totally glad when the pain stopped...But i do get some pain or soreness in one or two teeth while im brushing...So i know things are moving...Although im not seeing any movement.

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

udubdave

#9 Post by udubdave »

The pressure comes back on and off. It's weird for me, one day it will be one tooth that is extremely sore, the next day it will be another tooth.