What did you pay for surgical wisdom tooth removal?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Re: What did you pay for surgical wisdom tooth removal?

#16 Post by bbsadmin »

$2,800 for all 4 wisdom teeth removed
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

bravesweety

#17 Post by bravesweety »

I had my four wisdom teeth removed under IV sedation in July of 2011. It cost $2400, but insurance covered most of it.

AltoRose

#18 Post by AltoRose »

I just had mine out last Friday. Total cost was somewhere around $1200 (including IV sedation). I paid $160 out-of-pocket and insurance covered the rest.
Second go-round with braces! Age: 32

OldBikerBag

#19 Post by OldBikerBag »

Mine were removed over 20 years ago. I don't remember that I paid anything out of pocket for it. It was covered by the military.
385 Days in Damon Braces

CoryDaniels

#20 Post by CoryDaniels »

Had all four removed with being put to sleep. a little over $2000 for everything, I had to be $900 out of pocket....that was including my $500 deductable. You know whats weird? all four wisdom teeth are gone, but sometimes I can still feel ghost pains.

klobird

#21 Post by klobird »

I just had a wisdom tooth surgically removed (and so the roughly $300 anesthesia charge) and a molar removed. (Both last Monday)

Total cost for those two including anesthesia--$1,260... So far, I have had to pay $315--but the way things are going, I will probably have to pay another $2,500... :roll: