New Waterpik Fun Times

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kipepeo

New Waterpik Fun Times

#1 Post by Kipepeo »

I wish I had some videos or at least pictures of last night when my daughter and I were trying out the new Waterpik we just got. We both have braces, and I'd heard so much abut how much better these are than string floss. Anything to make it easier.

We were screaming and showering the bathroom in all directions with water. She got me once and I was standing behind her. Who knew dental care could be so much fun? :tingrin:

sweetcynic

Re: New Waterpik Fun Times

#2 Post by sweetcynic »

Cool, how do those work?

RainbowWarrior

#3 Post by RainbowWarrior »

I just bought one from amazon! I can't wait to try it out. The reviews said that even after brushing and flossing, a water pik will remove all sorts of junk. I have some peridontal issues, so I am hoping that the water pik will remove debris and maybe even stimulate new growth to my receding gums!

Kipepeo

#4 Post by Kipepeo »

It's like a mini pressure washer for your teeth.

zdenka

#5 Post by zdenka »

I know. I have to pretty much clean the whole bathroom every time I use it. I only use about once a week to supplement flossing and brushing.
Total sentence 567 days. :)
Debond day: Dec 10, 2013

Chaplains Assistant

#6 Post by Chaplains Assistant »

I've had mine since my braces went on and I use it all the time. it's true that even after flossing and brushing you still get stuff out with it. I couldn't have gone this far on my journey without it. I get debraced on Monday at 1:00 and I plan on still using it everyday.

The trick to using it is to keep your lips kind of closed around it and use the orthodontic brush attachment. It works the best!
Sentenced to 24 months
Upper & lower Metals
Braced on 8/23/2010
Debraced 7/23/12

marybee

#7 Post by marybee »

I love mine and use it daily! It's like a mini shower for my mouth...and mirror....and sink...and floor at times but I have learned to somewhat control it and would not be without it! :-}

starfish88

#8 Post by starfish88 »

I love mine too...Have to remember not to use it when I'm half asleep and in a rush though - shooting yourself in the eye with it on level 10 hurts more than braces! (Luckily not for as long though). My boyfriend did the same thing just looking at how it worked! I still havn't got to grips with string floss but I'm using this twice a day and my teeth feel really clean! I'll find out next week what my ortho thinks.

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

NICURN85

#9 Post by NICURN85 »

I must say I love my Waterpik. On my first day of using it I think my mirror got a nice shower from it. I have slowly been adjusting it daily and now I am on level 6 out of 10. My mouth feels so good when I use it. I use it along with my string floss which is a pain bc my teeth are so sore and it feels like I am going to pull one out flossing, but with the waterpik it the water feels so good going against my gums!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Kipepeo

#10 Post by Kipepeo »

So, I thought I could replace flossing with the Waterpik. Is that not good? Do I still have to floss too?

Sita

#11 Post by Sita »

Fun! I had to clean all of the mirrors and change my top the first few times I used mine. :-) They look so simple to use, but they're tricksy.

It's also really awesome that you and your daughter both have your braces at the same time. :-)

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

Grace123

#12 Post by Grace123 »

Kipepeo wrote:So, I thought I could replace flossing with the Waterpik. Is that not good? Do I still have to floss too?
I would ask your ortho to be sure but from my research and experience I don't think the Waterpik can replace flossing. When I floss right after the Waterpik, I am amazed at what is still there to floss. My teeth may be more crowded than yours but I need the flossing for sure. The Waterpik definitely makes flossing and brushing so much easier - I even got a portable one for when I travel. I found that flossing is much quicker and easier once I discovered the glider floss (thanks to this site!) so I no longer dread flossing like I did with the threaders. Keep having fun with your daughter!

razorbackscott

#13 Post by razorbackscott »

I shot myself in the face with my waterpik the first week I had it. Fun stuff.

Teacher03

#14 Post by Teacher03 »

My waterpik should be here any day now, I also ordered a cordless one I can keep in my purse for work or out.
Rena

ultra

#15 Post by ultra »

Hey there, I'm new to this board, but a bit of an oral health enthusiast and I LOVE my waterpik flosser. I've struggled all my life with flossing until I bought waterpik and now I floss regularly. It's changed my life and my mouth feels cleaner and healthier.

Happy flossing!