Will i have a straight face??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

curious19

Will i have a straight face??

#1 Post by curious19 »

I am a 17 year old male and am abt to get braces. My Orthodontist believes I have a deep skeletal overbite and an overjet too(without having done any x- rays or stuff)and plans to extract 4 teeth(hopefully premolars) . My question is: Can my overbite be completely “camouflaged” through braces???Will my face be completely “straight” (i.e if u look at my face from the side)???

hopeless20312

Re: Will i have a straight face??

#2 Post by hopeless20312 »

If you have the so called bimaxillary protrusion, it will help you face to change for the better. Your profile view would be better. So just say yes with extractions. :)))
[/url]

curious19

#3 Post by curious19 »

Hi Hopeless 20312!!
Thank u for ur reply..
Birds of a feather flock together.Though i am new on Arch Wired Message board, i feel like i am at home. I feel great. I feel like i am a part of a big family on the net. :D :jump:

curious19

#4 Post by curious19 »

Hi Hopeless20312!!
This is NOT my x-ray although my face looks EXACTLY like this. Would u define this as bimaxillary protrusion? Thanx once again..
also is there some way i can tag u or stuff???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

junkfood1991

#5 Post by junkfood1991 »

does your mouth stick out on the side profile?? if the profile is too convex, having extractions done can bring your front teeth back to where they r supposed to be without the sunken cheek and all. :)

curious19

#6 Post by curious19 »

junkfood1991 wrote:does your mouth stick out on the side profile?? if the profile is too convex, having extractions done can bring your front teeth back to where they r supposed to be without the sunken cheek and all. :)
Hi junkfood1991 :-1 !!
I quite did not understand meant what u meant by "having extractions done can bring your front teeth back to where they r supposed to be" though i somewhat understood the "sunken cheek" part.Cud u pls elaborate a little ...thanx

sweetcynic

#7 Post by sweetcynic »

curious19 wrote: I quite did not understand meant what u meant by "having extractions done can bring your front teeth back to where they r supposed to be" though i somewhat understood the "sunken cheek" part.Cud u pls elaborate a little ...thanx
If you relax your lips, how much do your teeth stick out? Do your lips hang open when you relax them? Do you have to make a concious effort to keep your mouth closed when you're in public? If you're relaxed and not thinking about it(like when you're about to go to sleep) do you breath through your nose or through your mouth?

I'm going to get 2 upper premolars extracted for orthodontic purposes, and I previously had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled out because they were impacted and causing problems.

ArchWired28

#8 Post by ArchWired28 »

From your x-ray, looks like you may have bimax protrusion, slight lip incompetence and weak chin. I think you will benefit of extractions.
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

hopeless20312

#9 Post by hopeless20312 »

Why can't I view the photo?
[/url]

hopeless20312

#10 Post by hopeless20312 »

I can view in now and from the x-ray, I think we have similar problem. I do think braces can treat it with extractions. I am really not into surgery. I dont know why. :roll:

I would love to follow your journey and know if it really changes your profile. Good luck.
[/url]

alyssaroo27

#11 Post by alyssaroo27 »

Our situations are similar :) I'm an 18 year old female with bimaxillary protrusion and I'm getting four teeth extracted as well. I'm not looking for a super flat profile but more of a "reduced" once since convex mouth profiles tend to be a part of my ethnicity (though I am pretty sure my case is a bit more severe than what is considered "normal" protrusion).

Keep us posted :)

ferh

#12 Post by ferh »

I got my 4 first premolars extracted 1 week ago!

Best of luck!