Uhhhm. Weird

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hopeless20312

Uhhhm. Weird

#1 Post by hopeless20312 »

This is weird for people with braces would say that braces hurt like hell and they torment your life for 2 to 3 years but it's different for me actually. I feel the pain with braces. Actually it's pretty painful but I could carry on with it but is it natural to feel a bit masochistic with braces? Because everytime my ortho tightens it, it's really painful but I also enjoy the feeling at the same time. It's weird but I don't know. What do you think?

I just loved that feeling that something inside my body is in pain and I'm addicted to the feeling. OMG. I don't know what to say. XDXD :pinkbraces: :pinkbraces:
[/url]

Ashybear

Re: Uhhhm. Weird

#2 Post by Ashybear »

Well for me, I know that the pain is a good pain because it means my teeth are getting straighter and straighter. So in that sense, I like the pain. However, I hate when the insides of my cheeks get cut up from my braces... now that is a pain I could live without! :)

klobird

#3 Post by klobird »

I feel exactly the same as Ashy--I only like the soreness because then I know my teeth are moving and it's all worth it. That being said, pain is pain and I'm not a fan of it.... :!:

redwine

#4 Post by redwine »

I refuse to use the "P" word. That said, I do feel varying degrees of uncomfortable - and I kind of like it 'cause it means the braces are doing their job.

kennyandrew85

#5 Post by kennyandrew85 »

Maybe you should try bondage...

No seriously.. I like the pain only because I know it means things are moving, otherwise I'd be happier without any pain or metal filling my mouth.
Brace Date: 14th April 2011
Estimated Debrace Date: 14th April 2013
Real Debrace Date 18th June 2013

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.

kreyFL

#6 Post by kreyFL »

kennyandrew85 wrote:Maybe you should try bondage...
LOL I was thinking the same thing... :shock:

But, I do know people that like that type nagging pain...like people who push on their bruises over and over.

I, in no way, can relate to this at all. I hate every single ache, sore, poke, and anything else associated with my braces. Zero satisfaction in that regard.

EbonyQ

#7 Post by EbonyQ »

kreyFL wrote: I, in no way, can relate to this at all. I hate every single ache, sore, poke, and anything else associated with my braces. Zero satisfaction in that regard.
Agree! :wink:

[/url]