Heavy Metal poisoning from braces and fillings?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

denferb

Heavy Metal poisoning from braces and fillings?

#1 Post by denferb »

hey everyone! i have been a member of this community for about 5 years now and i have taken off my braces back in 2008.

I have experienced symptoms very soon as i started dental work. My fillings were the very beginning and then when the braces were on (the brackets are made from nickel) i was very very depressive. it sucked!

I am going to tell my dentist that on monday i will want to remove the filling out of my mouth because it causes symptoms towards my health

have anyone here recieved any allergic response to their braces?

here is a website with lots of info written by a dentist http://www.dentalwellness4u.com/index.html

sweetcynic

Re: Heavy Metal poisoning from braces and fillings?

#2 Post by sweetcynic »

I have a nickel allergy; hence I require titanium brackets(ended up being cheaper to just do invisalign). I think modern fillings tend to be a nonmetallic white composite material. You could ask about replacing your metal fillings with that, as you'll need to replace them with something.

denferb

#3 Post by denferb »

sweetcynic wrote:I have a nickel allergy; hence I require titanium brackets(ended up being cheaper to just do invisalign). I think modern fillings tend to be a nonmetallic white composite material. You could ask about replacing your metal fillings with that, as you'll need to replace them with something.

how were you diagnosed with nickel allergy? i got my braces all the way in 2006 and i got a filling a few weeks before my braces were put in and ever since i started feeling sick. I have alot of "psychological" allergy responses i guess you can say. I just havent been the person I once was :?

Would anyone happen to know the average price of having a filling removed? I only have 1.

xanidu2012

#4 Post by xanidu2012 »

Before I had my braces put on I had to have a tooth pulled and a week later had all my metal fillings removed and replaced with something else. My dentist said years ago there was a risk of mercury poisoning with metal fillings so he suggested removal. I've had no problems with braces (nickel)