has anyone here with silver fillings gotten sick from braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

denferb

has anyone here with silver fillings gotten sick from braces

#1 Post by denferb »

I did a little research and having amalgam fillings can accelerate the release of mercury in you during braces. I got my braces 3 weeks after I got amalgam fillings and I ended up sick and eventually started hallucinating! Anyone suffering with signs of depression, brain fog, fatigue, etc please see your dentist or speak with ortho!

xanidu2012

Re: has anyone here with silver fillings gotten sick from br

#2 Post by xanidu2012 »

I had all my silver fillings removed and refilled with something else (can't remember the exact name of new filling material) then I had my braces put on. My dentist also said something about mercury poisoning. No problem when ortho put on braces (they are nickel).
Hope you are feeling better denferb :rose:

canuck88

Re: has anyone here with silver fillings gotten sick from br

#3 Post by canuck88 »

I have at least 7 or 8 amalgam fillings, and I've had no issues 7 months in. However, if you believe that dental amalgam can make you sick, then you will likely feel sick with braces - the mind and the placebo effect are powerful things :)