Can extractions be reversed?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lenny

Can extractions be reversed?

#1 Post by Lenny »

I am a 59 year old woman who had extractions of two upper bicuspids and braces sixteen years ago. At the time I was unhappy with a slight crowding of two of my top teeth and was looking for a perfect smile. I was a very attractive woman and my husband,friends and family all tried hard to convince me not to do it. I was determined and I regret that decision every day. My next door neighbor is a respected endodontist in the area so I asked him for a recommendation. I put my trust in the orthodontist he recommended and foolishly didn't get a second opinion or do more research on my own. The orthodontist had also wanted to remove two bottom teeth but my chin was slightly recessed so I questioned him on that. He said he could do it by only removing my top two teeth. Why I didn't make a decision to stop right then tortures me to this day. Thank God I didn't listen and have the bottom teeth removed because it would have been an even bigger disaster. I haven't been happy since my braces came off but as I've aged it has gotten even worse. The whole process definitely aged me, made my face look thinner and top lip area sunken in. As I've aged I've noticed that my teeth have receded even more and I'm very unhappy and obsessed with trying to find a solution. I've read online about an ALF appliance and a DNA appliance that is used to widen the jaw and make room for implants to reverse what has been done. I live in New Jersey and haven't found anyone in my area who knows about this. I read about Dr William Hang in California but that's not happening. Has anyone attempted to do this? I realize it will be a long and expensive process,if it is even possible. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.