New and newer

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SparklyMouth

New and newer

#1 Post by SparklyMouth »

It's been almost a month since I got wired and it's not as bad as I thought that it would be. On the last visit, it got spacers. Neither the ortho or the assistant realized my 32 were nestled so cozily. They couldn't get one spacer in...just gave up till next time. I think one of them is just jammed between my teeth because I "chew" rubber everyday.
Reactions to the sparkly me are all positive. I only wish I could bite into a juicy apple or eat a sandwich without looking like a yuck-mouth.

I'll check back when the spacers are complete and the appliance is in place.

rhibee83

Re: New and newer

#2 Post by rhibee83 »

SparklyMouth wrote:It's been almost a month since I got wired and it's not as bad as I thought that it would be. On the last visit, it got spacers. Neither the ortho or the assistant realized my 32 were nestled so cozily. They couldn't get one spacer in...just gave up till next time. I think one of them is just jammed between my teeth because I "chew" rubber everyday.
Reactions to the sparkly me are all positive. I only wish I could bite into a juicy apple or eat a sandwich without looking like a yuck-mouth.

I'll check back when the spacers are complete and the appliance is in place.
Welcome Sparklymouth (I like that name hehe)

I am glad you are going well with your braces :) I have spacers in at the moment, they are lovely aren't they? haha! when I first got my spacers in I was chewing rubber everyday as well, but then they must of moved up into the teeth more once the gaps were made and now they are not so bad but teeth are still really tender.

I am not braced yet. I am getting a nance button and upper lingual arch in on Tuesday and then Thursday I am getting 5 teeth out (4 normal teeth and one wisdom) NOT looking forward to that ...

did you have any teeth out?

I hope you are going well with the spacers and not much pain. What appliance are you getting?

Looking forward to following your journey :)

KatrinkaNoir

#3 Post by KatrinkaNoir »

Welcome!

Tobilei

#4 Post by Tobilei »

Welcome to the forum! I empathize with the yuck mouth :( I love sushi and mangoes but boy what a mess!

SparklyMouth

#5 Post by SparklyMouth »

The teeth aren't as tender now as in the beginning, but I'm not looking forward to the next "jam session". The tooth they're trying to space is really tight. Oddly enough I WANT to floss back in there...go figure.

I'm waiting for an appliance to use undo the tongue thrusting issue. I hope and pray I don't look like an aluminum alien when I open my mouth. The ortho assured me she'd be gentle.

I'm soooo happy i'm not on extraction schedule...I would probably just throw in the towel...I'm a wuss about thinking about that. Heck, I could barely pull my key kid's tooth.

I am so happy you guys /ladies are here!

busy bee

#6 Post by busy bee »

Hi sparklymouth!
I had 3 teeth out at the start of my treatment. I was so worried about it at first but actually it was fine and I don't even mind about the gaps (they're not very obvious really). I hope your spacer goes in ok in the end.

rhibee83

#7 Post by rhibee83 »

SparklyMouth wrote:The teeth aren't as tender now as in the beginning, but I'm not looking forward to the next "jam session". The tooth they're trying to space is really tight. Oddly enough I WANT to floss back in there...go figure.

I'm waiting for an appliance to use undo the tongue thrusting issue. I hope and pray I don't look like an aluminum alien when I open my mouth. The ortho assured me she'd be gentle.

I'm soooo happy i'm not on extraction schedule...I would probably just throw in the towel...I'm a wuss about thinking about that. Heck, I could barely pull my key kid's tooth.

I am so happy you guys /ladies are here!
I am glad your teeth arent as tender now, mine seem to change day by day and its been a week and half now. Mine come out Tuesday. I hope they can put the spacer in the tight tooth next time and easily and no pain for you!

I keep getting bits of food stuck near mine and nearly picked one out today forgetting it was there!! My teeth feel loose at the moment with them in so I am glad they are coming out soon.

What is tongue thrusting? do you put your tongue on the bottom of your teeth? I seem to always play with my top teeth.

Don't worry I am getting teeth pulled next week and I will let you know how I go. We can do it!! :) :) :)

SparklyMouth

#8 Post by SparklyMouth »

Ok my Aussie Bud, I thought I was the only one digging at the spacers. lol
I was a thumb sucker as a kid (not for TOO long), but I still and unconsciously push on my top teeth with my tongue. The result? An overbite and top teeth that do not touch/meet the bottom. And all this time I thought my teeth were "normal."

Oddly enough, the rubber chewing issue replaces the chewing gum HA

I'll be thinking of you on extraction day.

rhibee83

#9 Post by rhibee83 »

SparklyMouth wrote:Ok my Aussie Bud, I thought I was the only one digging at the spacers. lol
I was a thumb sucker as a kid (not for TOO long), but I still and unconsciously push on my top teeth with my tongue. The result? An overbite and top teeth that do not touch/meet the bottom. And all this time I thought my teeth were "normal."

Oddly enough, the rubber chewing issue replaces the chewing gum HA

I'll be thinking of you on extraction day.
hahaha nup! I am sporting spacers with you :) lol

I have an overbite as wel! and when i looked at the plaster mould the ortho made i had NO IDEA how far they stuck out looking at the profile of it. its AWFUL. i will have to post a pic before I get the braces on!

thanks hun for thinking of me! its gonna be fun! NOT hahaha least i can eat all the icecream in the world lol!!! I will probably end up fat after this and all the pudding and jelly i have planned haha :)

Tobilei

#10 Post by Tobilei »

Us Aussies are taking over the board it seems :mrgreen: