Dental visit and braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SparklyMouth

Dental visit and braces

#1 Post by SparklyMouth »

Today I had to re-vist my dentist for a filling. She was impressed with the ortho's work (her referral) and pleased with my dental care (uh, yeah, brushing a million times a day and water-pik-ing). She numbed my mouth up GOOD and I was drooling mess by the time I left. Having a numb mouth and braces is MADDENING! I'm glad she's done with the fillings.

How do regular dental cleanings work with braces? I love the tooth polish at the end, but I think the brackets will be a buzz kill.

BracesChick

Re: Dental visit and braces

#2 Post by BracesChick »

You had to get numb for a filling? I had a filing a few months ago before braces and they didnt have to numb at all. He uses a laser instead of a drill, awesome if you ask me!

My dentist said that the cleaning is just like without braces, they just work around it. My first cleaning with braces is not until July though.

Ciara

#3 Post by Ciara »

BracesChick wrote:You had to get numb for a filling? I had a filing a few months ago before braces and they didnt have to numb at all. He uses a laser instead of a drill, awesome if you ask me!
Depend on how deep the filling is. I've had fillings done with a laser too some with no anesthesia and others were I certainly needed it.

zdenka

#4 Post by zdenka »

The cleaning takes longer and yes they do work around the brackets. I love love love getting my teeth cleaned. I find I can never do as good job now that I have braces. Plus they remove all the stains around the brackets. I go every 3 months.
Total sentence 567 days. :)
Debond day: Dec 10, 2013

beckyboo0205

#5 Post by beckyboo0205 »

A laser? Whoa, I never knew that was something they did now with fillings. Crazy!