Confess your dental hygiene sins

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

isthistaken

Re: Confess your dental hygiene sins

#16 Post by isthistaken »

JillD wrote:My sin after braces is checking out beautiful women's teeth, especially models and actresses and wondering how they would look better with better teeth. I call it a sin because it is like trying to find imperfection in otherwise-perfect looking people. I don't remember I ever looked at celebrities' teeth before.

Omg I just did this today! I was looking at a cooking article in a magazine and the chef definitely needed braces!

OldBikerBag

#17 Post by OldBikerBag »

Actually, I was better at flossing before I got braced. Now, I get the smallest proxy brushes I can and shove them between my teeth at the gum line. It's just too much of a royal pain to floss traditionally, with my arthritis and TMJ.
385 Days in Damon Braces

oldfart

#18 Post by oldfart »

Got a new one..

When you have teeth that you know have to move. Do you find yourself just pushing them a bit with your tongue to help them?

Yeah, I know, not good. But caught myself doing it :)

And whoever posted that they now look at celebrities to see which ones would need dental work. Caught myself doing that this weekend. A certain blonde actress on Good Luck Charlie (yes I know name, dont feel like posting it), could use some work. Looks like that canine on the right side sticks out futher than the tooth next to it.

of
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

Tobilei

#19 Post by Tobilei »

oldfart wrote:Got a new one..

When you have teeth that you know have to move. Do you find yourself just pushing them a bit with your tongue to help them?

of
Yes, I can't leave my clicky teeth alone even though I know I should! My tongue needs handcuffs or something.

xanidu2012

#20 Post by xanidu2012 »

Before braces:
Ate anything and everything sugary
Brushed 2 times (am/pm)
Never flossed.

After braces:
Lose count of how often I brush
Flossing (am/pm)
Regular dental check-ups
Change out toothbrushes regularly

Wow! Braces the 2nd time around priceless. :lol:

paulas1

#21 Post by paulas1 »

[quote="oldfart"]Got a new one..

And whoever posted that they now look at celebrities to see which ones would need dental work. Caught myself doing that this weekend. A certain blonde actress on Good Luck Charlie (yes I know name, dont feel like posting it), could use some work. Looks like that canine on the right side sticks out futher than the tooth next to it.

of[/quote]

Ha!! All of the time!

I've also stopped snacking - too much effort
Started waterflossing - never did any sort of flossing before

SparklyMouth

#22 Post by SparklyMouth »

snacking.