What color ligs do you have on your ceramic braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amyhenna

Re: What color ligs do you have on your ceramic braces?

#16 Post by amyhenna »

Right now I have clears on. I've had them for just under two weeks, and already I think they're already discolored. They looked great for about a week. I made a concerted effort not to discolor them, but they're not as bright clear as they were at first, and now my mouth looks blahhhhh

My diet is very controlled. I don't drink cola, coffee, tea (other than tea I make from boiling organic ginger, and coconut oil, and honey in water). I don't eat tomatoes anymore (miss them) or curry (ugh- reeks anyway). I don't eat spices in general. I mostly just eat vegetables (now blended in a blender, or smoothied via the Nutri-Bullet). I also steam sweet potatoes. I'm definitely eating a whole lotta 'naners (bananas), trying to keep the clears CLEAR. Maybe I should have ONLY eaten bananas
:frogbraces:

I'm wondering if the greens or the sweet potato discolored them. I'm not sure what else could have done it.

I'd strongly suggest not going with clears.

Ciara

#17 Post by Ciara »

amyhenna wrote:Right now I have clears on. I've had them for just under two weeks, and already I think they're already discolored. They looked great for about a week. I made a concerted effort not to discolor them, but they're not as bright clear as they were at first, and now my mouth looks blahhhhh

My diet is very controlled. I don't drink cola, coffee, tea (other than tea I make from boiling organic ginger, and coconut oil, and honey in water). I don't eat tomatoes anymore (miss them) or curry (ugh- reeks anyway). I don't eat spices in general. I mostly just eat vegetables (now blended in a blender, or smoothied via the Nutri-Bullet). I also steam sweet potatoes. I'm definitely eating a whole lotta 'naners (bananas), trying to keep the clears CLEAR. Maybe I should have ONLY eaten bananas

I'm wondering if the greens or the sweet potato discolored them. I'm not sure what else could have done it.

I got metal ties for this reason. They are barely noticeable and never stain! I am a curry fanatic and eat Indian curry at least once a week and Japanese curry too. I told my ortho that staining would be an "emergency". She looked at me in horror when I told her this and told her how much curry I ate. She said "In your case, we'll go with metal ties." Staining problem solved!

Tobilei

#18 Post by Tobilei »

amyhenna wrote:Right now I have clears on. I've had them for just under two weeks, and already I think they're already discolored. They looked great for about a week. I made a concerted effort not to discolor them, but they're not as bright clear as they were at first, and now my mouth looks blahhhhh

It surprises me sometimes what changes clears....carrot is more likely to have done it than sweet potato. Sometimes pumpkin causes a bit of a problem too.

My ortho doesn't do wire ties, but I've never had the smoke one's stain like I said, maybe try those :)

flips712

#19 Post by flips712 »

I would suggest NOT going with clears. Go with smoke or colors so you can eat and drink anything you want without having to worry about staining. There is nothing worse than stained clear logs.

SparklyMouth

#20 Post by SparklyMouth »

hahaa...funny I should see this post today. I just got red (4 on each side) this morning. They look orange-y to me, but that's cool since orange is one of my favorite colors. I thought I'd stick with pearly/toothy colors, but am thinking I'll go for color from time to time.

jamieathome

#21 Post by jamieathome »

Pink to match my lips/gums

nikii87

#22 Post by nikii87 »

i always choose diferent colours but i looove purple or red.i dont like clear becouse they turn yellow realy fast.