Got bands put on today! (new w/ pics of braces)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brodie

Got bands put on today! (new w/ pics of braces)

#1 Post by Brodie »

I'm psyched! I get baces 9/22!!! It's about time!!
Last edited by Brodie on Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

john_doe

#3 Post by john_doe »

Good Luck!!!

BraceUrself

#4 Post by BraceUrself »

Thats WONDERFUL! Congrats & welcome to a great adventure! I will get my braces on 10-3-so I'll be with you going thru the same things!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

Brodie

#5 Post by Brodie »

Thanks everyone!! Yeah my cheecks and tongue are starting to get sore though. Wax seems to help a bit though.

Brodie

#6 Post by Brodie »

Got my baces on 9/22. The first couple days weren't bad at all. Only thing I need to wax is where the wire ends on both sides of the top arch. Otherwise, all is well!!! The count down to closing the gap begins!!

http://img322.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img08616kj.jpg

jennielee81

#7 Post by jennielee81 »

Meryaten wrote:
Brodie wrote:Got my baces on 9/22. The first couple days weren't bad at all. Only thing I need to wax is where the wire ends on both sides of the top arch. Otherwise, all is well!!! The count down to closing the gap begins!!
Brodie - are you needing to wax there because the wire is sticking out beyond the end of the tube on the molar band and poking you? You should be able to go into the ortho's office and get them to snip that off so that the end of the wire is flush with the back of the tube, so you don't have that discomfort. It's something that only takes them a few moments, so you could give them a call and they could probably slip you in between other patients.

Good luck!
AND they expect it! Don't be afraid to ask...you're worth it!!

Wow, that's a gap and a half :wink:

Can't wait to see how fast it closes...as I'm sure you're waiting for, also.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

CelestialVoices

#8 Post by CelestialVoices »

Looking good, hope that gap closes soon for you :)

caringiscreepy

#9 Post by caringiscreepy »

Brodie wrote:Got my baces on 9/22. The first couple days weren't bad at all. Only thing I need to wax is where the wire ends on both sides of the top arch. Otherwise, all is well!!! The count down to closing the gap begins!!

http://img322.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img08616kj.jpg
Wow thats an impressive gap! Congratulations on getting your braces on, your teeth will soon be looking great! :D

Braces on: 13th July 2005
Estimated Treatment Time: 18 months

doglover1395

#10 Post by doglover1395 »

Wow, thats some gap! I know (from personal experience and from reading other people's posts, that gaps close quickly. I can't wait to see your progress! Good luck...
Braced: 3/4/05
Debraced: 5/21/07
Sentence: 26 months

LiveWire

#11 Post by LiveWire »

Hey Brodie,

Congrats on getting braces! It will feel great to look in the mirror and see your smile transforming within the next couple of weeks.

All the best! :D

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

Brodie

#12 Post by Brodie »

Meryaten I'm all over that thanks!!! The otho, did say as my teeth come together the wire would protrude more. So I think I'll dip in this week.
Yeah that is some gap huh?? Man it's amazing what an expander can do!

"Smile Like You Mean It" -The Killers

strugglebuggy

#13 Post by strugglebuggy »

I used to be scared to go in and get my wires clipped because I felt like I was intruding.... then I realized "hey! I'm paying 5 grand for these buggers, so if I need wires clipped, I get them clipped." Been OK every since....LOL. If you look at my journal, you'll see how crowded my teeth were only 8 months ago... for the first 4 months, I was going in between appointments because the wires were growing like mad. Now that they aren't as crowded, I've been able to make it to an appointment without going in between. Although, I just went today because a wire was getting too short! How is that possible, I asked! Arch is expanding and wire was too short to fit all the way around...lol.

Anyway, if they need to be trimmed, go in. You're paying good money! :)