is the waterpik worth getting and which one

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

steveogt4

is the waterpik worth getting and which one

#1 Post by steveogt4 »

hi everyone just wondering is the waterpik worth getting ive read reviews on amazon both good and bad just wanting to know whats the opinion on here and which one to get cheers .

http://www.waterpik.co.uk/oral-health-p ... r-flosser/

Snowglobe32

Re: is the waterpik worth getting and which one

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Hi,

I bought the ultra flosser and I would definitely recommend it. Not only does it get all the junk out of your brackets but it is great for your gums. The one I bought comes with 6 different heads and you will use all of them.

I can't speak for any of the other options on the page but I would definitely go with the ultra flosser.

veginess

#3 Post by veginess »

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! It is a MUST HAVE for braces, no joke. I don't know how I would have managed to keep my mouth clean without it. I have the Ultra and I love it very much.

isthistaken

#4 Post by isthistaken »

Absolutely a must. I have the Ultra and also a cordless which works quite well for travel. I :heart: my WaterPik !!!

flips712

#5 Post by flips712 »

I couldn't live without my waterpik. I got the corded model at Walmart for like $50. It came with different nozzle attachments but I've only used one of them and it does a great job at removing all the hidden food stuck in your braces. If mine ever broke I'd definitely purchase another one immediately without a doubt. So go get one....I promise you won't regret it.

kathydell

#6 Post by kathydell »

Yes for sure! When I have to travel for work and I can't take it with me, I can't wait to get back home to my Waterpik. I have the $50 model with all of the attachments as well and I LOVE it. It finds things your normal toothbrush just can't get at.

djspeece

#7 Post by djspeece »

The ultimate in orthodontic water sports. Get the industrial strength unit, the big boy. The one I have comes with 6 heads, adjustable strength, and so forth.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Valiere

#8 Post by Valiere »

I went through about five minutes of flossing with thread on my first day before I immediately hopped on Amazon and bought the ultra flosser. I don't care if a waterpik isn't as good as regular flossing; there is no way I'm going to floss 3-4 times a week the regular way.

tfischer

#9 Post by tfischer »

Love - Love my waterpik....like someone else said - it works wonders as a massage on the gums

JeniK

#10 Post by JeniK »

I have asked this before....but I have not read an answer....
what or is there a difference in A) waterpik Or B) water flosser ?

I will be buying one of them in the next couple of weeks....I want to make a wise choice when I buy it.

djspeece

#11 Post by djspeece »

JeniK wrote:I have asked this before....but I have not read an answer....
what or is there a difference in A) waterpik Or B) water flosser ?

I will be buying one of them in the next couple of weeks....I want to make a wise choice when I buy it.
From my understanding, the water flosser is the name of a specific model made by waterpik.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Timetoshine

#12 Post by Timetoshine »

My ortho has not recommended it and I do fine without it and have no problems so far. I brush, floss and rinse as asked to by the ortho.
So, I wouldn't say it is a necessity.
[/url]

WendySue1969

#13 Post by WendySue1969 »

Definitely worth the $$. My teeth & gums are in better shape then before I had the braces put on. I've used a waterpik since the 2nd of being braced.

maralv

#14 Post by maralv »

i should be getting my waterpik ultra today, so excited. i've read pretty good reviews

JeniK

#15 Post by JeniK »

From my understanding, the water flosser is the name of a specific model made by waterpik.[/quote]

Thank you Djspeece!! That helps me...now I will know what to look for!!