Stellar, bracing to be Braced!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Stellar

Stellar, bracing to be Braced!

#1 Post by Stellar »

I'm 48 and bracing myself for being "Braced" on Sept. 8th. I needed braces all my life, but my parents gave me the choice of whether or not I wanted it, dumb me said no back then. Now it's on me! I've really been thinking about braces for the past 10 years or so, but thought everyone would think I was too old. I took my 7 year old daughter in for a consult with the ortho and said, what the heck, take a look at mine too. Well, I'm getting braces and the ortho said my daughter won't need them till she's about 11. But, he wants to see her every 6 months to chart her changes and catch anything if his prediction is off.

Part of me is really excited :banana: and the other part is starting to get more and more nervous :huh: .

I really thought my husband would be the first one to think I was too old. But he told me about this COOOL forum he found on a Google search the day after my ortho consult :HugeGrin: !!! I should have known he would be so supportive, we've been married 26 years and all :D !!

I've truly learned alot on this board, and I'm sure I have even more to learn. Especially once I'm braced :shock: !!!
Spacers: Aug. 22, 2005
1 Wisdom Extraction: Aug. 27, 2005
Braced: Sept. 8, 2005
4 First Bicuspids Extraction: Sept. 9, 2005

Evelyn

#2 Post by Evelyn »

Awesome! Good luck Stellar, you have the right attitude. September 8th, that's one day before I got mine on!

Enjoy your braces!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

mackenzie

#3 Post by mackenzie »

So I get mine the 6th, Evelyn the 7th and Stellar the 8th.

ewwmagnet

we can be braces buddies!

#4 Post by ewwmagnet »

i get mine on the same day as you do!

JN_Woods

#5 Post by JN_Woods »

I get mine on Sept. 7th. Good luck everyone. These spacers are killing me!

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

nml55

#6 Post by nml55 »

I got my braces at 49, turned 50 in March. I don't think I'm too old, do you?
Good choice and good luck. Welcome to the "club."

nml55

#7 Post by nml55 »

I got my braces at 49, turned 50 in March. I don't think I'm too old, do you?

Stellar

Re: we can be braces buddies!

#8 Post by Stellar »

ewwmagnet wrote:i get mine on the same day as you do!
Hey, it will be great to go through this together! Hope all goes well with yours. I'm scheduled to get both my uppers and lowers on that day. How about you?

Stellar

#9 Post by Stellar »

JN_Woods wrote:I get mine on Sept. 7th. Good luck everyone. These spacers are killing me!
I agree, these spacers are a royal pain! I heard that these are worse then the braces. But somehow I doubt that?!? :?

Stellar

#10 Post by Stellar »

nml55 wrote:I got my braces at 49, turned 50 in March. I don't think I'm too old, do you?
We're never too old to get better!!! :-#)

jennielee81

#11 Post by jennielee81 »

nml55 wrote:I got my braces at 49, turned 50 in March. I don't think I'm too old, do you?
You're not too old!!

My mom is 72 and wants them... :shock: !
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

nml55

#12 Post by nml55 »

Thanks Jennielee81 and Stellar, I sure don't feel old!

Stellar

One last night!!

#13 Post by Stellar »

Thanks to everyone for all their kind words :D . They have really helped me!! This is my last night before I get braced. I'm both excited :banana: and nervous :? !! I was able to fit in quite a few last foods, with the help of my lovely husband and daughter :heart: . Like... steak, corned beef, popcorn, peanuts, corn on the cob, bagels, bagel chips, curry, curry, and curry!! To name a few :lol: !! I do know one thing, I will be glad to get these spacers out :-+ . I also look forward to being a part of this group! Everyone seems so helpful. I'm so glad I found this site to help get me through the good and the bad days :-* , cause I'm sure there will be a few. Wish me luck!

Nikkiekoala

#14 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Good luck! Let us know how it all went.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

Stellar

I'm Officially A Metal Mouth!!!

#15 Post by Stellar »

Well I got my braces this morning. All went pretty well, the appointment took about 1 hour and 45 minutes. So far everything feels ok, just preasure and a bit of stuff to get used to. :biglaf: I got SmartClip self-ligating on the lowers and Clarity ceramics on the upper front 6 and SmartClip on the back of the uppers. Tomorrow, 9-9-05, I get the 4 first bicuspids extracted then I relax a little till my first adjustment on 10-6-05. Oh yeh, I almost forgot, I'm having emergency surgery on my leg for a severed tendon on 9-28-05. Then I'll be just laying around with a non-walking cast for 8-10 weeks :crazy: ! Maybe I can get a mirror and watch my braces work :jokerlaugh: !!! Oh well, at least I'm alive with a wonderful family :wink: .
I do have to call the Ortho tomorrow, as the top archwire is piercing a hole thru my left cheek. I'm not really into body piercing :yikes: ! Thank God for WAX!!!! :jump:.
See Ya!