best cure for mouth ulcers?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarahlp

best cure for mouth ulcers?

#1 Post by sarahlp »

hi guys,

I suffer badly from mouth ulcers and they are so painful!

Can anyone recommend a cure/ treatment?

Thanks,

Sarah

bckydgardnr

#2 Post by bckydgardnr »

Peroxyl mouth wash works great for me. I get mouth ulcers often from the wires cutting into my cheeks when I sleep. One night of wax and a day of Peroxyl usually clears it up!
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

Chocoholic

#3 Post by Chocoholic »

For instand relief, rinse your mouth with warm salty water, it makes the ulcers go numb, keep it up for a couple of days and they'll be gone in no time.

fyrelight

#4 Post by fyrelight »

Those are both good ideas... also avoid toothpaste that has Sodium Laurel Sulfate.... it aggravates them.

And Orabase B or Kanka can put coverings over those sores and numb them for a while too.
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

sarahlp

#5 Post by sarahlp »

thanks very mich for the tips guys!

I put straight salt on an ulcer once! agonising!! Will stick to the water down solution now!

Sarah x