Encouraging...interview in braces and got job!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LoobyLou

Encouraging...interview in braces and got job!!

#1 Post by LoobyLou »

Hi guys,

Don't know if anyone remembers but I mentioned on here a little while ago ago that I was having a job interview and I was wondering if anyone had not got a job because of their braces.
Well just to encourage any fellow brace-wearers with job interviews coming up I actually got that job and I was up against about 100 others initially!!
I even beamed all the way through my interview so it wasn't a case of them not noticing them!
So, the moral of my story is, go for that job if you want it, be confident and the interviewers see past your braces!!! :lol:
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

giantfigure

#2 Post by giantfigure »

Grea to know Lou! Many many congratulations!!! This gave me lots of confidence for the interviews I will soon be appearing for :)
^^ Top ceramic, Bottom metal
^^ Duration of treatment: 18 months

LoobyLou

#3 Post by LoobyLou »

Thanks guys!
Good Luck for your interviews Giantfigure!!

:thumbsup:

halo

#4 Post by halo »

Ah well done - confidence speaks volumes...

braceface75

#5 Post by braceface75 »

Congratulations!!
Michele

Braces and elastics since August 26,2004
Removable expander removed June 16,2005
Braces removed June 2,2006

Geri

#6 Post by Geri »

Thanks braceface75 - I hadn't fully realised, until just now, that this question, about braces and interviews, had been bothering me for days. I am in the process of looking for another job and it was in the back of my mind that I would be going for interviews with braces on and wondering how that would feel. So, your post was really encouraging! Thanks! Halo, confidence does speak volumes, I agree!
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

Geri

#7 Post by Geri »

oops - I meant to say "thanks, LoobyLou"! :oops: (no offence braceface75)! :)
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

LoobyLou

#8 Post by LoobyLou »

Yeah I'm sure it bothers a lot of people actually - I was convinced that they wouldn't want someone with braces working there and smiling at the customers! But then I completely didn't make anything of them whatsoever and forgot they were there which then made them not notice them very much either. I think people think that if it's not a problem for you - the person wearing them - then it shouldn't affect the way you can do the job. In fact, it probably shows how pro-active we are and that can only be a good thing, right?!

LoobyLou x