Stained Damon brackets anyone?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LoobyLou

Stained Damon brackets anyone?

#1 Post by LoobyLou »

Hey all,

Looking in the mirror I've noticed that some of my Damon brackets aren't as clear as they were when I first got them put on (the clear components obv!) especially next to the new ones I've had put on a couple of teeth to replace older ones. I was wondering if anyone else has this at all and whether stain removing stuff like smokers' toothpaste (I don't smoke - just like my cups of tea!) would work on em?

What do you reckon?

LoobyLou :?
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

I just checked my lower Damon 3's and they still look nice and clear after 5 months.

I use a whitening toothpaste every day...maybe that is helping? :wink:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Attagirl2

#3 Post by Attagirl2 »

Yup, I managed to stain one with instant coffee. One of the granuales must have been wedged against it. My orthodontist pointed it out to me. I use Targon mouth rinse for Smokers. It helps some with the staining on my teeth. I drink a lot of coffee, but no smoking! Otherwise they look ok. The power chain I had put across the top four teeth 3 weeks ago is also stained.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

LoobyLou

#4 Post by LoobyLou »

Cool thanks - might give our UK equivalents a go then!
xx :)
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*