Tooth colored archwire?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

john_doe

Tooth colored archwire?

#1 Post by john_doe »

Does anyone have one? I saw on one website sometimes the paint chips off, Is that true? :?

PS,
I am going back to the ortho october,to start my treatment. :D (insurance doesn't kick in till oct. 1st.)

joplin

#2 Post by joplin »

I had one on top in the beginning of my treatment and now I'm wearing one on bottom since last week when I got my lowers braced. They only use the white NiTi wire in the beginning when they start moving your teeth with very careful, easy forces.
I also heard the white coating would chip off but mine didn't, it stayed white and nice the whole month I had it.
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.

SugarHiccup

#3 Post by SugarHiccup »

Mine has scratched off in places ... but I have a feeling it's just where my tounge bar scraped it.

I don't think it would scratch easily with normal day to day things though.
[[ Alex: Thank you, you've offered a provocative theory. What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors. ]]

SuzyCentri

#4 Post by SuzyCentri »

My ortho won't use them anymore. He says they flake off. I didn't get to try them.
Upper ceramics on 6/21/05 (on, off, on)
Lower metals on 7/23/05
-
Suzy
3 teenagers, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 goats, 3 chickens, 1 guinea, and 3 guinea pigs...
what more could a girl want???

ricardo2

#5 Post by ricardo2 »

My ortho tried to claim that he'd never come across them, although I know he was fibbing coz my sister has got them and she goes to the same hospital as me!!

My sister's look really good.... (I'm jealous!!!) I think my ortho must be a sadist who wants my mouth to look as metallic & noticeable as possible!!!! :roll: (I was originally promised clear braces!) :(

If I had the choice, I would have definitely gone for tooth coloured stuff!!

Take care

LUCY xxx