Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JeniK

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1231 Post by JeniK »

Do I like the silver better than the pearl ?? NOPE!! I will definitely have pearl next time. Lesson learned!

MidnightBlue

#1232 Post by MidnightBlue »

I have the clear ones.

mysticgirl916

#1233 Post by mysticgirl916 »

Mine are hot pink, they look so cool on my teeth

SunshineRay

#1234 Post by SunshineRay »

JeniK wrote:Do I like the silver better than the pearl ?? NOPE!! I will definitely have pearl next time. Lesson learned!
Sorry! Do you think the silver is more noticeable?

Matilda

#1235 Post by Matilda »

samoorelaw wrote:I had pearl/tooth-colored ligs on two adjustments ago and my upper teeth definitely looked more yellow with those than they do now with the silver ligs.
I had the same experience.

JeniK

#1236 Post by JeniK »

Part of my problem with the silver...is not the fault of the color exactly. The brackets on my front teeth are at such an angle. ..they could not get the lig to go over the entire bracket. So you see some of the silver in front of the bracket...I guess when it was pearl..I could not see it. This sticks out to me. I think it looks like I have food on my tooth. No one has said anything..so maybe it is just me. When they are able to relocate the bracket..and get the lig on...I might like silver more. TIme will tell. But it is not terrible. I do not go back until the middle of next month. I am hoping by the next adjustment..they will be able to do the lig the right way.

joeyyeo

#1237 Post by joeyyeo »

I have red/white ligs and clear powerchains and I can safely say that everything just looks yellow now. Maybe curry was a bad idea, but both stain. Fast. Doesn't really affect me but... I sure did enjoy the white while it lasted.
Upper braces off after 636 days!

Ivy&Orchids

#1238 Post by Ivy&Orchids »

Would someone with smoke, silver, and/or grey ligatures on ceramic brackets post a picture? Seems like the concencus is that they look clear or barely there when stretched around the bracket but do not turn an ugly bright yellow. I have an adjustment on Wednesday & several events to attend this weekend where there will be professional photographers:( So of course I'm looking for something the least noticeable, obviously. I will never get clear or pearl again, they were yellow after a week & neon hi lighter yellow shortly after that. Since then, I've only gotten colors (pinks, purples, blues). I never even thought to try what others have mentioned on here, the smoke, silver or grey. Very few people have posted pictures & when I asked the girls at the ortho office, they're always trying to get me to go with the clear or pearl o_o

Tobilei

#1239 Post by Tobilei »

Ivy&Orchids wrote:Would someone with smoke, silver, and/or grey ligatures on ceramic brackets post a picture? Seems like the concencus is that they look clear or barely there when stretched around the bracket but do not turn an ugly bright yellow. I have an adjustment on Wednesday & several events to attend this weekend where there will be professional photographers:( So of course I'm looking for something the least noticeable, obviously. I will never get clear or pearl again, they were yellow after a week & neon hi lighter yellow shortly after that. Since then, I've only gotten colors (pinks, purples, blues). I never even thought to try what others have mentioned on here, the smoke, silver or grey. Very few people have posted pictures & when I asked the girls at the ortho office, they're always trying to get me to go with the clear or pearl o_o
I don't have ligs on the top. Here is when I first got mine on and had smoke on the bottom brackets (would still be sticking with smoke except my current powerchains only come in clear :( )

Here's one that's a little closer (again, bottoms only):

Ivy&Orchids

#1240 Post by Ivy&Orchids »

Tobilei wrote:
>
> I don't have ligs on the top. Here is when I first got mine on and had smoke on the
> bottom brackets (would still be sticking with smoke except my current powerchains
> only
>
> Here's one that's a little closer (again, bottoms only):
>

I honestly can't even see them, they look clear in the pictures! They look very nice :) If my ortho does not have "smoke" (they're pretty vague when I ask about the colors, they just flash a piece of board in front of my face with the ligs taped on) are they grey in color before they put them on?

Thanks for posting!

Tobilei

#1241 Post by Tobilei »

Ivy&Orchids wrote:Tobilei wrote:
>
> I don't have ligs on the top. Here is when I first got mine on and had smoke on the
> bottom brackets (would still be sticking with smoke except my current powerchains
> only
>
> Here's one that's a little closer (again, bottoms only):
>

I honestly can't even see them, they look clear in the pictures! They look very nice :) If my ortho does not have "smoke" (they're pretty vague when I ask about the colors, they just flash a piece of board in front of my face with the ligs taped on) are they grey in color before they put them on?

Thanks for posting!
I find them a tiny bit dimmer than clears but the payoff of no staining is worth it (although I didn't test them with curry but they held up fine with tomato based stuff and pickles). Yep, they look a medium grey before they're on, but I've had grey as well and didn't like it at all so maybe ask them to make sure they're smoke and not grey before they actually put them on :)

SunshineRay

#1242 Post by SunshineRay »

I'm still whining that my ortho doesnt have smoke. I'm stuck with pearl or colors, so pearl it has been.

samoorelaw

#1243 Post by samoorelaw »

Ivy&Orchids wrote:Would someone with smoke, silver, and/or grey ligatures on ceramic brackets post a picture? Seems like the concencus is that they look clear or barely there when stretched around the bracket but do not turn an ugly bright yellow. I have an adjustment on Wednesday & several events to attend this weekend where there will be professional photographers:( So of course I'm looking for something the least noticeable, obviously. I will never get clear or pearl again, they were yellow after a week & neon hi lighter yellow shortly after that. Since then, I've only gotten colors (pinks, purples, blues). I never even thought to try what others have mentioned on here, the smoke, silver or grey. Very few people have posted pictures & when I asked the girls at the ortho office, they're always trying to get me to go with the clear or pearl o_o
Here is mine in silver power chains on top. My smoke was nowhere near as invisible as the picture above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

melanie

#1244 Post by melanie »

I have clear ceramic brackets, and have had a white archwire up until this past adjustment 2 days ago. I now have the standard silver one. Here are the colors I have had so far. <br>

And 2 weeks before the last adjustment one of my bag ligs came off. Since my husband is my ortho's IT guy I had him grab me a couple while he was there and replaced it myself. He brought me home clear ones which made it about impossible to put on myself, but I got it done. But THIS is what the clear lig ended up looking like after only about 2 weeks! Yuck!<br>

My Story

4.3.13- Fitted for bite splint to help treat TMJ and uneven bite.
5.7.13- Bite pads glued on back molars
5.22.13- Braces put on! Invu ceramic brackets with white archwire
8.28.13-"Smile Adjustment" done at my request. Smoothed down edges of front teeth.
9.25.13- Moved up to a silver finishing wire. No more white archwire for me :(

joeyyeo

#1245 Post by joeyyeo »

Just passed the 6 month mark and moved into rectangular wires for my upper arch! Asked my ortho for bright colours and her assistant picked out a combination of orange, red, pink and yellow for me! Loving it :)
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Upper braces off after 636 days!