My New Toys

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amychelle

My New Toys

#1 Post by amychelle »

Does anybody else play with thier braces?

I've constantly got a finger or my tounge in there touching them, or wrapping my lips around them (that's probably hard with bottom braces too, I only have tops.) I've had them for two weeks, and although they don't annoy me as much anymore, I still play with them all the time. I have a spacer spring making room to pull a canine up and I play with it most - touching it with my finger - if that booger gets ahold of my tounge it pinches! When I'm not "in public" I also push on my teeth and wiggle the loose ones.

I used to bite my nails but I can't anymore, so I found a new hobby. (My nails look so much better too!)

My buddies tease me sometimes..."Stop playing with them!" or "Get your hands outta your mouth!"

Just wondering how many other people have this (unsanitary) habit.

Chr1ssy711

#2 Post by Chr1ssy711 »

I also constantly and playing or have my hands in my mouth. either feeling were they are poking me.. putting wax it. or just feeling the brackets...i dunno its weird...my boss always walks in my office and just gives me this look coz my whole hand will be in my mouth and ill be like straining to do something....lol ohwell
Chrissy, 20
ceramic Braces
http://www.myspace.com/chr1ssy711Myspace
http://www.chrissytina.comMy Photo site

BraceFace13

#3 Post by BraceFace13 »

Fortunatley, I don't have that problem... the idea of putting my finger in my mouth doesn't appeal to me. :yuck:

HollyDontSpend

HA

#4 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Yes! Sometimes I think I am going to pop off a bracket with my tounge. LOL!
And, I am always checking to see if any of the "little doors" are open.
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05