Londoners: Who fancies a curry just before a ligature change

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

halo

Londoners: Who fancies a curry just before a ligature change

#1 Post by halo »

Calling any Londoners on the board - any of you fancy a trip over to either Southall or Brick Lane for some decent taste-filled food? I suggest we go shortly before we have an ortho appointment so they can change the freshly stained ligs.

I know a few decent places, and have been tempted into it by a trip to Brick Lane last month with the girlfriend and a friend, who could both eat whatever they wanted. I suffered quietly with my half-eaten butter chicken :(

Maybe head to Rita's Curry House: http://www.searchtowns.co.uk/middlesex/ ... e_main.htm

My appointments are always in the third week of the month... Duffle? Anyone else?

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Oh my gosh! An ArchWired London Curry Club!

I'm so jealous! :wink:

Well, if you guys wind up getting together, order some Chicken Tikka Masala and a Mango Lassi and think of me.... :P

Hey, maybe you can take pictures and post them here!

Here are my favorite places far away in Northern California:

Clay Oven http://www.yelp.com/biz_details?biz_id= ... VbmBa4SYaQ

and

Suraj http://www.surajrestaurant.com/, which has a great lunch buffet with three desserts and terrific chai tea!

...but THIS place is considered the absolute best in my area. It's pricey but worth it!

Amber India http://www.amber-india.com/
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

glowstix

#3 Post by glowstix »

well i'm not in london but i fancy a curry anytime..not necessarily before an adjustment.. :lol:

Nidhi

#4 Post by Nidhi »

I am a big-time curry lover and my ligs were a perpetual shade of sickly yellow-green. I convinced my dentist to use wire-ties on my ceramics....problem solved! I eat curry any time I like now! :jokerlaugh:

swan

#5 Post by swan »

I had curry just last weekend, about 10 days before my next lig change. The ligs were just as purple after the curry as they were before :D
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

glowstix

#6 Post by glowstix »

[quote="KiwiKarenIf you guys do get together ... you can have any vegetarian curry for me ... as long as it's very hot! :banana: Oh dear I'm getting saliva all over my computer at work ... not good! :([/quote]
is that daal (sp?)??

Tin Man

#7 Post by Tin Man »

I wonder if it would do anything to black...
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!

amychelle

Dictionary Nerd

#8 Post by amychelle »

Until I started looking around on the message board, I was clueless as to what curry was, so I looked it up. (I'm still not certain, but my wire ties should be safe!) Just thought I'd drop a note letting some others in on my ignorance. I've heard of curry powder, but never use it. I'm thinking this isn't a major food staple for us people around Tennessee with our fried chicken, grilling, and southern cooking. I love to add to my dishes, but it's usually garlic, lemon pepper, or season salt. We do a lot of flavoring with BACON GREASE around my parts. :wink:

T.R.

#9 Post by T.R. »

Im Pakistani... so its curry at least twice a week for me.

Beef Korma, Butter Chichken, Chicken Tikka, Tandoori Chicken (not a curry but amazing nonetheless).

But if you go Indian-Pakistani food dont stop there; you have to try Biryani (many different kinds).

londonchick

#10 Post by londonchick »

gotta love coloured ligs so curry isn't really a problem. You have to make sure they are the bright ones though as the subtler shades still stain.

Big fan of (not too hot) curries, tikka masala has to be up there on my list, i love all the veggie stuff too bombay potatoes, sag aloo.....ummmmmmm

cookie

#11 Post by cookie »

If I was in London I'd be well up for that, but I'm not :(

I LOVE curry, and always have one at least once a month - manged to not have one for a couple of months at the start of treatment cos I was worried about staining, but I have wire ties on top now, and silver ligs on my metal bottoms, so no worries there!

As for faves - my current fave is chicken channa -which is a lovely thick sauce made with chickpeas, with lemon rice, bombay aloo and peshwari naan - yum, made myself hungry just thinking about it!
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

halo

#12 Post by halo »

Ah glorious - we went to Rita's curry house and managed to get away with hardly any staining. So long as you avoid tumeric/haldi as much as poss I think it works quite well.

So a shish kebab was great and their lamb curry was particularly tender - melted around the braces without any hassle...

I tend to find that the more processed and rubbish the food, the more it stains... Anyone else agree?

glowstix

#13 Post by glowstix »

halo wrote:Ah glorious - we went to Rita's curry house and managed to get away with hardly any staining.
first time i had curry in braces, they were glowing afterwards, :lol:. i looked like a flourescent highlighter. :lol: luckily the glowing reduced after a couple of hours.