My third year anniversary story and *PIC*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

My third year anniversary story and *PIC*

#1 Post by Evelyn »

Hey everyone! Today is a special day for me, it marks the end of my third year in braces and the beginning of the fourth. On this exact day, September 9, 2002, I got my braces. That was 36 months ago, and I am so proud to say that I've stuck it through and here I am, celebrating the end of my third year. Time definately hasn't flown by as many people say it does, but it has chugged along, and whereas chugged is not the word I would most like to use, it is movement and I'll take that anyday!

I don't have any before pictures, but when I get some from the ortho I'll post them up. Here I am today, with a mouth full of metal. To give an exact update, it would be:

-upper and lower braces
-4steps in the wire
-lower edgewise wire
-upper front four teeth laced together

If you want to read my whole story, it's on my website which is http://vt-bound.tripod.com It's now looking like I'll get them off sometime in December/January/February, which I am so super excited about. The total treatment time would be about 40 months but I don't care because I am so proud of how my teeth look today, and it was so worth every painful grueling day that I went through.

Hopefully soon I can post the oh-so-anticipated I'm getting my braces off post, but until then, I'll leave you with a pic of me today. It's a bad one and not too close up because the camera ran out of batteries so I had to use the first one I took, but at least it gives you a visual.

Anyways, I wanted to give everyone on here a big shoutout, Thanks so much for helping me get through this last year of braces-you all have been such a great center of support for me and I've also learned so much about teeth on here, my friends now consult me everytime they're not sure about some problem in their mouth, but anyways this is by far and away the absolute best online braces community there is, and thanks again everyone for helping me through this last year! I really do mean it when I say,

you all rock my world :D

Much love, Evelyn
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

Looks great!

We enjoy having you here!!

Any word on the end date yet?

"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

caryca

#3 Post by caryca »

I really admire you!!! You are really patient. Good luck in the last phase and I cross my finger for you that they will be off in December…so you can enjoy the xmas:-)
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

momof2grlz

#4 Post by momof2grlz »

Looking great, Evelyn! You're in the home stretch.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

BraceFace13

#5 Post by BraceFace13 »

Looking good! :D Any word on getting them off? :)

BraceUrself

#6 Post by BraceUrself »

well aren't you a doll?? Thanks for the kind words & for all of the great advice you give to others as well! You rock too! :D
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

Archie Bunker once said, "Patience is a virgin." :lol:

I hope you can get debanded soon!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Dodger(UK)

#8 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Looking great, Evelyn - After 3 years you deserve to have great looking teeth and it looks like you have now ;) Hope you get your debonding date soon

Evelyn

#9 Post by Evelyn »

Thanks everyone so much for the great feedback, for those who asked my debanding date is anywhere from December-February, although as I know it could well run later. I just can't wait..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

john_doe

#10 Post by john_doe »

That's a mighty fine set of choppers :wink: