My 'complicated' case

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jay87

My 'complicated' case

#1 Post by Jay87 »

Hey. I'm new to the forums and I just wanted to fill people in with my case. This isn't a plea for guilt or anything; I just want to know who's going through the same or similar thing.

A couple of weeks ago, I had two teeth taken out, and just last Wednesday, I had yet another two teeth taken out. One of these teeth was located at the very front of m jaw, and had looked like a small fang. I thought it was going to be small, but the root was reaaaallly long, and has left a reaaaally deep hole in its place. I had to take 3 days off school, due to the pain. Yesterday (Friday), I had my spacers put in. Talk about pain. Many people describe it as something stuck between your teeth, which is technically is, but I feel as if something is 'yanking' my teeth apart. Now I was suppose to have the spacers taken out, and braces put in on the 30th of the month, but that's the day before my (18th) birthday, so now I'm having them taken out on the 7th of October.

So to end, I want to thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Jay87

#2 Post by Jay87 »

It would help if those of you who look at this topic, would post your stories and complications.

Dreamer

#3 Post by Dreamer »

Hi Jay! Yep, those spacers are no fun at all! We all had to go through that part! Just keep reminding yourself it's temporary and you only have the spacers for a very short amount of time compared to your entire orthodontic treatment! You'll get through it and it will all be worth it!
As for your extractions, been there too. Had 4 extractions in one day but we can do it because the results will all make it worth any discomfort along the way! Before you know it, it will just be something that's no big deal at all!
full metal braces 4/26/05~~debanded 12/13/07!
12/13/07 bonded retainers + wrap around hawley