Tools to put on your elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jtsang

Tools to put on your elastics

#1 Post by jtsang »

Hi!
I wonder how (what tools) do you use put on your elastics? I tried my finger but it's bit clumberson. I resorted to a tweezer but it still takes a few attempts and a few snapped away from me..

Is there a magical tool that makes putting the elastic band on easier?

scraggy

Re: Tools to put on your elastics

#2 Post by scraggy »

Hi. My ortho gave me a plastic thing to put them on with its easy with the tool.

chichi

#3 Post by chichi »

I eventually learned to put them in with my fingers and no mirror... just takes practice!

Or find one of those hook things they use to put them on at the ortho's office :)
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

sirwired

#4 Post by sirwired »

My Oral Surgeon gave me a thing with a hook on one end and a "fork" on the other; the "fork" end came in really handy for finishing my "box" configuration. When my ortho switched me to Class II triangles, I didn't need a tool at all.

jtsang

#5 Post by jtsang »

sirwired wrote:My Oral Surgeon gave me a thing with a hook on one end and a "fork" on the other; the "fork" end came in really handy for finishing my "box" configuration. When my ortho switched me to Class II triangles, I didn't need a tool at all.
I went in today to have a wire cut and asked about this hook and fork thingy. And I got one!! Woohoo! Beats tweezers anytime!!

nikkibabie19

#6 Post by nikkibabie19 »

My pack of elastics came with a white plastic thingy?!? with a hook on one end and a "U" shaped thingy on the other end...

Works wonders...had to get my hand/ wrist technique good tho..but im there. for now

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]