How loose did your teeth get?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NeilH

How loose did your teeth get?

#1 Post by NeilH »

Hi, I like so many of you have been experiencing 'clickerty' teeth during the process I but have a really loose molar that's continuing to worry me. So loose that you can push it over a fair way to the point that you think it might come out. I mentioned this a couple of months ago to my Ortho but was reassured all was ok but after reading that loose teeth usually firm up after a couple of weeks, am beginning to worry that all's not well. Anyone else experienced this?

anarchy45

Re: How loose did your teeth get?

#2 Post by anarchy45 »

I was concerned about this also on my lower jaw - my front 4 teeth (now 3...) are a bit wobbly, and a few molars can be pushed up and down. They can clearly move, but they feel firmly in place with the wire on. I think this is mostly due to them raising(protruding)/lowering(sinking) more than lateral movement... it isn't uncomfortable at all. Go gentle, but don't be worried :-) I hope it doesn't cause any pain!

nikkibabie19

#3 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Mine were wobbly too... I wont worry too much about this...Plus if somethings wrong the ortho must kno..

If u want u can bring it up with ur ortho at ur next apt .

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

sirwired

#4 Post by sirwired »

Yep; teeth get disturbingly loose. And it happens completely at random throughout treatment. When your bone catches up, things will tighten up again.

chichi

#5 Post by chichi »

I had a premolar that was as loose as your tooth sounds, but I put a limit on how long I would let it be that loose before I really started pestering the ortho. I told myself I would give it a week or two and see what happens. It firmed up enough in probably about a week and a half, but took another few weeks to feel "solid".

If it's been going on longer than a few weeks, it couldn't hurt to bring it up with the ortho again. We all know that loose teeth are normal with braces, but you have to trust your instincts to know if you're past the point of being comfortable with how much your tooth is moving.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054