Keira Knightley on her crooked teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Matilda

Keira Knightley on her crooked teeth

#1 Post by Matilda »

"Straight teeth are (expletive). My dentist asked me once if I wanted braces and I said (expletive) no! You’ve got to have teeth with character.”

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the above statement?
Last edited by Matilda on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BraceForIt

Re: Keira Knightley on her crooked teeth

#2 Post by BraceForIt »

I say each to their own, but kudos for standing up to the standard for 'Hollywood perfection'!!

Anna5

#3 Post by Anna5 »

I love it. Somebody who stands up for her teeth being unique, somebody not giving in to the pressure of Hollywood that we should all be having 'perfect' teeth. Somebody who is happy with her so called 'dental flaws' who makes her the way she is, and who is not self conscious about it.

SunshineRay

#4 Post by SunshineRay »

Good for her but I do have to say....I didnt know who she was so I googled her and in 3 pages of images I could only see her flaws once. 98% of the pics she doesnt show teeth so it makes me wonder how much she actually does embrace it.

chichi

#5 Post by chichi »

Good for her for making that sort of statement, but her teeth have always bothered me. I can't quite put my finger on why, as I'm not bothered by everyone with crooked teeth... but hers have always annoyed me lol
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

ljms

#6 Post by ljms »

I like her attitude. Perfection isn't everything and it doesn't guarantee happiness.

However, she isn't thirty yet. I'll bet that she changes her mind when she hits her mid-forties and her teeth start to move.

Fidget77

#7 Post by Fidget77 »

I'd have to say if my teeth were that "crooked", I'd give braces a pass too. They look pretty straight to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matilda

#8 Post by Matilda »

SunshineRay wrote:98% of the pics she doesnt show teeth so it makes me wonder how much she actually does embrace it.
Exactly.

Matilda

#9 Post by Matilda »

chichi wrote:I can't quite put my finger on why, as I'm not bothered by everyone with crooked teeth...
It might be her chin and jaw.
Last edited by Matilda on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Matilda

#10 Post by Matilda »

Fidget77 wrote:I'd have to say if my teeth were that "crooked", I'd give braces a pass too. They look pretty straight to me.
If I were in the spotlight and had her money I'd definitely give an orthodontist a chance.

MrsCharisma

#11 Post by MrsCharisma »

Eh. I think many people see adult orthodontics as being purely cosmetic. Uhmm no. There are things you can't see and just because the lay person doesn't understand the importance of bite and alignment, doesn't make it unimportant.

Even relatively straight teeth can be "bad".

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

djspeece

#12 Post by djspeece »

SunshineRay wrote:Good for her but I do have to say....I didnt know who she was so I googled her and in 3 pages of images I could only see her flaws once. 98% of the pics she doesnt show teeth so it makes me wonder how much she actually does embrace it.
Same here. I expected to find wide-open smiles, but in nearly every picture her mouth is closed. I guess she doesn't want her "character" to show :gavel: .
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

redwine

#13 Post by redwine »

I'd have to say if my teeth were that "crooked", I'd give braces a pass too. They look pretty straight to me.
Same here. I'll be happy if my teeth look that good after braces (and all the rest).

Anna5

#14 Post by Anna5 »

redwine wrote:
Same here. I'll be happy if my teeth look that good after braces (and all the rest).
Me too! I think her teeth are beautiful.

furious george

#15 Post by furious george »

Fidget77 wrote:I'd have to say if my teeth were that "crooked", I'd give braces a pass too. They look pretty straight to me.
This. I wonder if she'd say the same if she had giant tooth sized gaps like I did. Doubt it.
Female, Age 37
Braced: 6/13/12
GAC In-Ovation C Top, Metal Bottom
Initial Estimated sentence: 12-14 months
SENTENCE EXTENDED: 18 months