Bite Turbos

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TheKT

Bite Turbos

#1 Post by TheKT »

Curious to hear from you how long you had your bite turbos on for. Appreciate your response.

chichi

Re: Bite Turbos

#2 Post by chichi »

No bite turbos, but I've had molar buildups since day 1. They've worn down quite a bit, but I still have them 7 months later...
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Siobhan

#3 Post by Siobhan »

I've had mine on since the beginning. I'm now at 5 months. My back teeth seem to be touching and am hoping to get them off at my next adjustment, Feb 18. They've gotten easier but are still a pain and interfere with my speech.

kids041

#4 Post by kids041 »

I have had molar build-ups since day 1. I have had them built up countless times in my almost 6 months of braces ( I am a clencher/grinder). I hate them, but I hate it more when I wear them down and start hitting my bottom brackets with my top teeth.

beckyboo0205

#5 Post by beckyboo0205 »

I had mine on for about 7 months.

mapleleafman888

#6 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I've had mine since the start of braces. The molar build ups were on for 3.5 months, they were removed and replaced by bite turbos which I've had now for a little over a month.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Sailrgrl

#7 Post by Sailrgrl »

Mapleleaf, which do you think is better? Turbos or molar build-ups? I've had the molar build-ups for 4 months now and the ortho is talking about turbos. I'm dreading it.

mapleleafman888

#8 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Sailrgrl wrote:Mapleleaf, which do you think is better? Turbos or molar build-ups? I've had the molar build-ups for 4 months now and the ortho is talking about turbos. I'm dreading it.
Build ups are way better.

With the molar build ups I could eat better because of the contact points they created, they felt just like an extension of my teeth. With the bite turbos the first few days after getting them (and a new wire) they shredded my tongue and being that my front teeth had a lot of moving to do it was extremely painful when my lower and upper teeth contacted each other. The turbos seem to catch on everything and retain more food, not to mention they create a mild lisp. Now that my teeth aren't sore and my tongue has toughened up, I don't mind the turbos as much though.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Sailrgrl

#9 Post by Sailrgrl »

Thanks for the reply. My appt is February 7; I'll check back in after that :)
Damon clear on top placed May 30, 2013. Damon metal on bottom placed September 16, 2013.