Told to stop elastics BUT

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LewisS

Told to stop elastics BUT

#1 Post by LewisS »

Today I had to go into my ortho's office just to simply check whether I still needed to be wearing elastics because he didn't mention them in the last appointment or give me any new ones. At the appointment he looked at both sides each with extraction sites and he said both sides didn't need elastics anymore, but said I should wear one on the right at night only.

I'm a little confused as to why - I still have noticeable, but small gaps. Is this normal? I did ask and the assistant told me that the power chains would finish them up...but I always thought most people wore elastics until the end of their treatment.

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing, but it feels like these gaps will never close up, especially without elastics.

Brace-on date: July 2nd 2012
Deband date: July 14th 2014

Click here to follow my braces story!

Snowglobe32

Re: Told to stop elastics BUT

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I wore elastics off and on throughout my treatment. At times, things were starting to over correct, I was in a new configuration, or switched to cross elastics...etc. Everyone is different.

I wouldn't worry, follow the ortho's instructions and enjoy the break! Your gaps will close and once your braces are off, you will see that some of us, worried for nothing! :D

chichi

#3 Post by chichi »

If you're only in elastics to close gaps, then the powerchains will finish the job, as your ortho said. Enjoy being free of elastics for the time being :)
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

LewisS

#4 Post by LewisS »

Thanks guys! I think I'm just getting a little paranoid because I'm so close to getting them off.

Brace-on date: July 2nd 2012
Deband date: July 14th 2014

Click here to follow my braces story!