Extraction & Braces for Adult

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chichi

Re: Extraction & Braces for Adult

#16 Post by chichi »

Angel21 wrote:chichi, thanks for adding more pics! The one of Nina Dobrev doesn't seem to work. I'll try this one:
That's weird... it was working last night. That's also the same pic I tried lol
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

jenim

#17 Post by jenim »

Thanks Angel, chichi for the celebrity pics.

Angel, I don't want to hijack this thread with my posts (sorry OP), would you mind if we continue in the thread that I created?

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46412

rowo

#18 Post by rowo »

Hi there. I had my 2 upper canines removed (because one was a baby tooth, it would fall out by itself on its own eventually). I haven't had any problems such as sunken cheeks, undereye circles etc. It is taking a while but the gaps are slowly closing with braces and power chain.
Noone really noticed the gaps until I pointed them out.
I'd say go for it if it makes your bite better. But it is permanent so make sure you're happy with your decision before you agree to anything.
As for why you should get braces now- If it makes you feel more comfortable with your smile and your aesthetics, and boosts your self confidence, I'd say it's worthwhile. Anyway, that's why I'm doing it :-)