This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Guido2

#1 Post by Guido2 »

Hi all,

i'm 31 years old and have my (Damon) braces now for three months now to correct my deep bite and crowding. I chose to have ceramic upper ones and metal lower ones. In the first month I hated them and asked myself why I all started this, however after three month now, the progress is already clearly visible and with the final result in mind its not that bad anymore ;)

I will post some pictures in the future...

klipstine1

Re: New member

#2 Post by klipstine1 »

I'm glad your seeing progress! I get my braces in March and I'm very nervous. I've wanted braces for as long as I can remember. We'll see how it goes. Keep us updated on your progress!

chichi

#3 Post by chichi »

Welcome! I also have clear upper and metal lower Damons. They're really not bad at all and I love seeing the progress. Good luck with the rest of your treatment!
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Valentina

#4 Post by Valentina »

Welcome!

Shiry

#5 Post by Shiry »

Hello, nice to meet you, I just had my braces installed, I am getting ceramic on top and traditional on the bottom. Congratulations!!
Guido2 wrote:
Hi all,

i'm 31 years old and have my (Damon) braces now for three months now to correct my deep bite and crowding. I chose to have ceramic upper ones and metal lower ones. In the first month I hated them and asked myself why I all started this, however after three month now, the progress is already clearly visible and with the final result in mind its not that bad anymore ;)

I will post some pictures in the future...

millersgirl

#6 Post by millersgirl »

Welcome!
I'm new myself.
Had my top braces installed 4 weeks ago...had my canine extraction, exposure and bracket a couple days ago and will get my lower braces installed in a few days. I too have asked myself, "why" a few times but I'm really trying to stay focused on the end goal. I pretty much don't even notice the braces anymore. Here's to hoping the next 29 months go by just as fast.

klcam

#7 Post by klcam »

Congrats! How are you liking the Damon braces? I was going to get them, but they cost more $.

Matilda

#8 Post by Matilda »

Best of luck on your journey!