Damon Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

butlerbulldogfan

Damon Braces

#1 Post by butlerbulldogfan »

How long does it take teeth to get in a straight line. Ive had my Damon braces 7 months now and they have brought a blocked out incisor forward but its stopped going as far as it needs to go maybe 1mm or so to become straight in a line with the others and is tipping forward instead and they brought a lower blocked front tooth forward and that one is pretty much in a straight line. But my top front two teeth havent changed any one is slightly behind the other and that incisor beside the one that is behind is tipping. I thought they would all be in a straight line by now with Damons?

chichi

Re: Damon Braces

#2 Post by chichi »

I'm also 7 months in with Damons and mine aren't completely straight... it sounds like we're in similar situations with teeth just slightly out of line and some tipped teeth. My next adjustment will include bracket repositioning and my ortho said that will help get everything straightened out.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

TMJJill

Re: Damon Braces

#3 Post by TMJJill »

It sounds like something you should talk to your Orthodontist about. It really is an individual thing based upon your needs.

I spent my first year in Damon's developing my upper arch. I also had a lot of leveling that was done. A lot of the individual tooth positioning for me was done in the last year of my treatment. There were times when things looked worse before they got better. It is all about those end results, not just the process. :HugeGrin:

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!