Damon Braces confused.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

butlerbulldogfan

Damon Braces confused.

#1 Post by butlerbulldogfan »

Couple days ago I went for a wire change and started a rectangle wire. So as soon as they put it in my top teeth had so much tension on them they were sore to touch, I didnt even have to touch them they were sore regardless. I could notice alot of tension on all my top teeth. I had to start wearing triangle elastics and barely opening my mouth hurt so bad because those top two teeth with elastics were so sore. Today I had to go and get a hook on a bracket bent because it was poking my cheeks. The bracket popped off and they had to put it back on. When they put the wire back in and closed the doors the pain was almost unbearable felt like my teeth were going rip out. But heres where Im confused, now that the wire is put back in all the tension in my teeth are gone they dont feel tight and kinda loose like they did when I had a round wire, and their no where near as sore. I dont really even notice the elastisc now. So Im not sure which its supposed to be feel alot of pressure, tension and tightness on your teeth or dont feel any. Anyone have the same thing happen?

chichi

Re: Damon Braces confused.

#2 Post by chichi »

My first rectangular wires were, by far, the most painful part of the braces experience so far. What you've described sounds perfectly normal :) It does get better and the future wire changes shouldn't be as bad.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

butlerbulldogfan

Re: Damon Braces confused.

#3 Post by butlerbulldogfan »

Hey chi chi. Yea my bottom teeth still feel the same their tight with pressure and sore little achy but dont like hurt. Its just the top it felt that ways too and then after they took the wire off to put the bracket back on they felt totally different when put the wire back on. Just didnt understand how it could be alot of pressure and tightness and achy feeling one minute to not feeling like theres pressure or tightness or achiness just by taking the wire off and putting it right back on a few mins later. Although this morning they do feel like theres at least a little more tightness in my top teeth then yesterday.