Just got braces in this morning!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

28monthjourney

Just got braces in this morning!

#1 Post by 28monthjourney »

At 7:30 this morning, I got lower braces, an upper palatal expander, and bite turbos. Throughout the appointment I saw a couple of adult patients, which was awesome.
When they put the molar bands/palatal expander on, I had to bite down on a piece of cotton. The 7 year old in the chair next to me said I looked like a "silly walrus".
After the appointment, I went straight to school. I just made it in time for my 2nd class. Luckily, I didn't actually have to speak at all during my second and third classes and, after hearing my mom's reaction to my voice when I called her, I'm glad about that.
It feels so weird right now, it's crazy to believe people actually get used to these things! :tingrin:
Sentence:
28 months in full upper and lower braces, open coil spring for additional alignment space for permanent teeth to erupt, elastics to align back bite, bite turbos, and palate expander.

Tlal23

Re: Just got braces in this morning!

#2 Post by Tlal23 »

Pics? How was it? I'm getting mine tomorrow omg

Anna5

#3 Post by Anna5 »

Good luck with your braces :)

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

It's amazing what people can adjust to! Best of luck to you, your great attitude will carry the day.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

klcam

#5 Post by klcam »

congrats. I got mine 2 weeks ago and it took 1 week to really get used to it. IT is much better now!

MrsCharisma

#6 Post by MrsCharisma »

Congrats!! You will adjust too! :)

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

jamie vs

#7 Post by jamie vs »

Congrats! Your journey has begun xD

You'll adjust soon and before you know it you won't even notice them much.

@Tlal23
You must be excited, good luck tomorrow ;)

millersgirl

#8 Post by millersgirl »

Welcome!
You wont even notice they're there in a few days.

smiley1305

#9 Post by smiley1305 »

Congrats! I'm two weeks in and I hardly feel any pain anymore. I'm most happy that the inside of my lips aren't all cut up like they were the 1st week. One day I just woke up and didn't have to put on any wax!

TheKT

#10 Post by TheKT »

Congrats - 2 mos in and shaved down turbos and feel much better than the first several weeks.

Lorianne

#11 Post by Lorianne »

wow, so many newbies in this one threat alone! I'll just say congrats to you all! I can't believe I'm 4.5 mos already! It is going to go fast I know!