What waterpik should I get?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jessicachung

What waterpik should I get?

#1 Post by jessicachung »

I am thinking of getting a Waterpik before i get my braces on next month. I went to see different kinds and the prices range super different. What do you suggest getting? The cheap and battery operated type S$50? or to invest in getting a good one which is around S$200?

sirwired

Re: What waterpik should I get?

#2 Post by sirwired »

For home use, the Ultra is the model to get. For portable use the Panaonic EW-DJ10-A is superior to the Waterpik cordless. (More compact, larger resevoir, longer-lasting battery. The only drawback is it uses standard AA's; you'll need a pair of rechargables and a charger, or just use standard alkalines, which list quite a while)

kathydell

#3 Post by kathydell »

I LOVE the Ultra and use it every day. I hate when I have to travel for work and dont get to use it. It's the first thing I go for when I walk in the door.

Fionisimma

#4 Post by Fionisimma »

kathydell wrote:I LOVE the Ultra and use it every day. I hate when I have to travel for work and dont get to use it. It's the first thing I go for when I walk in the door.
Absolutely agree with kathydell but have invested in a (compact but still powerful enough) Waterpik Traveler Water Flosser WP-300 which I simply could not manage without (traveling an average of 18 days a month using it's global voltage compatibility). Definitely recommend :HugeGrin:

jessicachung

#5 Post by jessicachung »

Ah wow thanks for all your replies!:) i think i will consider getting the portable one first as its compact. How long did your waterpik last? I heard it can grow moulds and fungus too. Its really humid here in singapore though:/

Fionisimma

#6 Post by Fionisimma »

A tip to avoid any "funky" aromas/mould and enhance freshness..... use a small splash of Listerine or other antibacterial mouthwash in the warm water you use to Waterpik with...

:HugeGrin:

djspeece

#7 Post by djspeece »

I'm happy with the Waterpik "Waterflosser" model but there are many options as you see. I also bought the portable model but was very disappointed and don't use it, as I feel it is a waste of time. Well I also dropped it and the tip broke off inside, and I haven't gotten around to extracting it.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

cs2thecox

#8 Post by cs2thecox »

I went for the N ano (sorry about the space - it puts in "spam" if I type the whole word!) WP-250 and have not regretted it.
It takes up less space than the big one, but is almost as powerful - 90psi instead of 100psi at the top end.

My dentist tried the handheld and thought it was rubbish and didn't have enough power to do much good - he has a big one at home.

AirForceRNO3

#9 Post by AirForceRNO3 »

Does anyone have the Waterpik Aquarius Professional? Reviews? I'm getting my braces on in about a month...and I'd like to get the best water flosser out there!

Gerib

#10 Post by Gerib »

I have the waterpik cordless and love it. But I did buy the cordless plus, and not the older model.
Geri

Braces on 2/18/14, elastics since day 1.

http://s71.photobucket.com/user/glcobb2 ... %20Journey
The album above is my journey in photos. I am intending to keep it updated with progress photos.

smiley1305

#11 Post by smiley1305 »

I just bought a combo of the Waterpik ultra and Waterpik traveler from Costco for only 60$. I haven't used the traveler yet but so far the ultra has been great. I was surprised to see how much smaller it was in real life. I don't have any counter space (at all) in my bathroom and I am able to fit it on a small area on the sink. My mouth always feels great after using it.

Braces1402

#12 Post by Braces1402 »

I am using SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM Airfloss and it´s working for me.

Gerib

#13 Post by Gerib »

Did you mean sonicare? $&&: autocorrect. :mrgreen:
Geri

Braces on 2/18/14, elastics since day 1.

http://s71.photobucket.com/user/glcobb2 ... %20Journey
The album above is my journey in photos. I am intending to keep it updated with progress photos.

Braces1402

#14 Post by Braces1402 »

[quote="Gerib"]Did you mean sonicare? $&&: autocorrect. :mrgreen:[/quote]

I mean SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM Airfloss. http://www.SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.co.uk/e/oralhealthca ... ental.html