When you smile, do you show your upper and/ or lower teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anna5

When you smile, do you show your upper and/ or lower teeth?

#1 Post by Anna5 »

I show both, I think because I usually smile very wide :D
But I think most people only show their upper teeth?

mapleleafman888

Re: When you smile, do you show your upper and/ or lower tee

#2 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Both...part of my reason for braces was to make my upper teeth more visible and make the lowers less visible. My lower dominate smile made me look a bit squish faced like a bull dog lol!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

beckyboo0205

#3 Post by beckyboo0205 »

My smile before braces was just the top teeth. But with braces, I seem to show part of my bottom teeth too. But I'm not sure if that's a natural smile or if the bottom braces just hit weird on my lip to make me want to open my mouth wider.

kathydell

#4 Post by kathydell »

Smile was all upper pre-braces. Now, after a year, it's upper dominated but the lowers show too. When I speak, I am one of the few who has really visible bottoms. Weird.

SoCalUniveristyLed

#5 Post by SoCalUniveristyLed »

Before braces, it was all upper....and twice as much gums! Funny thing, everyone thought it was very youthful. But after oral surgery, I think it will be a little bit of both.

jamie vs

#6 Post by jamie vs »

lol, this is an awesome question. As with most people before braces, upper only. 7 months after braces I show both because I like that smile much better.

I have always been attracted to wide smiles though few people seem to have that trait. Now I think I know why. Perhaps most people that don't show even a little of their bottom teeth are hiding them just like I used to do because I wasn't proud of their appearance.

MrsCharisma

#7 Post by MrsCharisma »

I have a HUGE smile :) Lots of my teeth show when I smile and that was part of the reason my ortho gave me all upper ceramics for free :) He usually does the front 6 free for adult patients if they want. But my smile is really big and wide and show a boatload of teeth. LOL!

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

Lorianne

#8 Post by Lorianne »

mostly upper, but it's an ear to ear smile! sometimes my molars show in pictures. :)

Anna5

#9 Post by Anna5 »

jamie vs wrote:lol, this is an awesome question. As with most people before braces, upper only. 7 months after braces I show both because I like that smile much better.

I have always been attracted to wide smiles though few people seem to have that trait. Now I think I know why. Perhaps most people that don't show even a little of their bottom teeth are hiding them just like I used to do because I wasn't proud of their appearance.
Thank you, Jamie. You made me feel much better about my smile! I always feel a bit strange because I also show my bottom teeth, but I am happy that there are people who like this!

loveshinbi

#10 Post by loveshinbi »

Yes. It's nice to show the colored rubbers i have but it really depends on the situation

smiley1305

#11 Post by smiley1305 »

I have always only shown upper when I smile but with the braces on a little bit of my lower teeth show. I don't know if it will stay that way by the time my treatment is over. I like seeing how people's smiles change like that.

JohnsonSon

#12 Post by JohnsonSon »

It's not possible for me to smile with just my uppers, it looks really awkward and forced.

Gerib

#13 Post by Gerib »

I hide my teeth when I smile. Always have, thus the braces. Hopefully I can give a big cheesy smile eventually.
Geri

Braces on 2/18/14, elastics since day 1.

http://s71.photobucket.com/user/glcobb2 ... %20Journey
The album above is my journey in photos. I am intending to keep it updated with progress photos.

jamie vs

#14 Post by jamie vs »

Me after braces hahaha

Norrie

#15 Post by Norrie »

I've always smiled without trying to hide teeth, but only my uppers show when I smile. You can see my lowers a bit when I talk though.