Partial braces and molar brackets

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cisne

Partial braces and molar brackets

#1 Post by Cisne »

Hi all! I just got my braces a week ago. I'm 39 (today). Anyway, I have brackets on the front six top and bottom, but I also have brackets on my molars, but not wires. Any idea why?

agrace90

Re: Partial braces and molar brackets

#2 Post by agrace90 »

You should ask your ortho and I'm sure he/she would tell you why. Maybe they will attack the rest of the teeth later (like mine) or just want the bracket there for elastics. Definitely just ask your doctor though.

Cisne

#3 Post by Cisne »

sirwired

#4 Post by sirwired »

I've heard of this on here before; I think if there is a lot of alignment work to be done they don't want to "engage" the whole arch at once. Alternatively, if your molars are right where he/she wants them, the initial alignment stage might pull them out of whack.

smiley1305

#5 Post by smiley1305 »

Cisne wrote:Hi all! I just got my braces a week ago. I'm 39 (today). Anyway, I have brackets on the front six top and bottom, but I also have brackets on my molars, but not wires. Any idea why?

Hi Cisne. I just came upon your post. I just got braces a couple weeks ago and I also have partial braces on the front 6 teeth top and bottom as well as molar bands. I actually was unsure why I had that too and what is interesting is I had different orthos come up with the same partial braces plan. I do recall my ortho saying that my bite in the back teeth were perfectly aligned so maybe they didn't want to mess with them.

On another note I was curious as to how your treatment has gone so far? I haven't found anyone else who has partial braces.

22 y.o.
Traditional Ceramic Upper, Metal Lower
Brace Date: 2/3/14
Sentence: 9-12 months

catwanabee

#6 Post by catwanabee »

Yup same here the reason my ortho gave me was also perfectly aligned molars

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46203
In Ovation-C Braces
Braced on Dec 2013 for 24 Months

Cisne

#7 Post by Cisne »

Hi! Things are going well. I'm about 2 apts. into my final wire, but how much longer to debrace date is up in the air. We are taking a break from using buttons to move things due to mouth irritation. I'm very please so far, and am glad of my choice of partial treatment and ortho!
Best of luck,