A future with Enamel Reproximation in it

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mtb_nwbraces

A future with Enamel Reproximation in it

#1 Post by mtb_nwbraces »

Went in for my 8th adjustment yesterday and was told I would need one of my front top teeth and my four lower front teeth slenderized at my next appointment. All 5 of those teeth have a trapezoidal shape to them and it will be hard to close the gaps if I don’t have this procedure done to my front teeth. I would have needed both top teeth done but one is an old crown that is getting replaced as soon as the braces come off. I also graduated to my first power chain to pull my crown away from the top teeth that is to be slenderized.

So here is my question to anyone who has had slenderizing done. Did you notice a difference in your profile at all after having your teeth slenderized and the gaps closed? I am thinking that the amount of moment should not cause a noticeable difference in my profile.
Braced - Jan 6th 2005
Full Metal Brackets
Teeth released from Bondage - July 25th 2006

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi mtb. I had my top two front teeth slenderized about 5 weeks ago. I did not notice any change in my profile, but my front view looks nicer!
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

caryca

#3 Post by caryca »

I am having it since my 1st adjustment (I will have it on each 'meeting' for 'some time' according to my ortho) ...and I do not see any thing, except the fact that my teeth are getting stright. Well ok no I see a space between bottom of my front bottom tooth (does it make sence?) so I guess (read here) by slandarizine the gap will be smaller but at the end I probably will need some composit (?) to cover the gap...

I just woke up after couple of beers ...so sorry if you have probelms with the text :lol: :wink:
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.