what 2 color ligs do you think look best together.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

betharoo

what 2 color ligs do you think look best together.

#1 Post by betharoo »

i'm getting braces thursday and i was woundering what to colors look best together. oh ya and i'm a 15 yr old. so i am a teenager. lol

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

Ligs I've done:

Brackets placed after consultation -- All Lavender
The day I got banded -- Black and Hot Pink (alternated)
First adjustment -- All Light Blue (made my teeth look yellow.. -_-;; )
Second adjustment -- All Maroon (don't reccomend this)
Third adjustment -- Yellow and Orange (alternated)
Fourth adjustment -- Aqua and Forest Green (alternated)
Fifth adjustment -- All Light Pink
Sixth adjustment -- Red powerchains (top and bottom)

I liked the black and hot pink, the yellow and orange and the all light pink. My favorite so far as been the aqua and forest green. Next appt. I'm thinking of going really plain with smoke powerchains....or maybe bright again with purple! If I ever get regular ligs again I will do the rainbow pattern.

Alexa

P.S. I'm 23....so ya don't haveta be a teen to use color! 8)
Last edited by alexa on Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

jenns91civic

#3 Post by jenns91civic »

i had so many diff lig colors and combos I couldn't possibly recommend just one. Everyone likes different colors too so what one person may love, you may hate. I always liked darker more bold colors on myself but on other people lighter colors look better. Red and Blue alternating was one of my favs but I also liked this metallic blue a lot so I used that several times. I never did any pink but I did a couple different purples and liked them both. One time I had purple and turqoise alternating and really liked that. My very first color was kelly green (school color).

Your ortho should have a keychain of some sort with all the color options on it. You can look through them and pick the ones you want. There are also lig color picker thingies on the internt. I suggest you search this board and a search engine. You will find loads of posts on this very same topic.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

chrisd

#4 Post by chrisd »

try this link, a good color selector on actual braces.
chris

http://www.bracesonline.com/elastics.html

kayla4644

#5 Post by kayla4644 »

hey! im 17 so im not much older, the ones i like are: hot pink and black (alternating), black and white (alternating) those two reminded me of checkers which are like my fave. design/pattern, orange and aqua was ok, baby pink and lavender or purple was decent...also i LOVE! rainbow. the sequence is --yellow-orange-red-purple-light blue (kind of like sky blue)-light green(but not like minty green)-yellow-orange-red....etc thats the way it goes lol heres a pic so u can get an idea of wut colours look good*(its small..sry)*Image

i hope this helps...just be creative and go with ur own preferrences and have fun! thats number one :D
Always listen to your heart, cause even though it's on your left, it's always right.

mtbrncofn

#6 Post by mtbrncofn »

I'm partial to blue and orange ( Bronco colors of course! ). They alternated.

I have hot pink and lime green alternating right now and they look cute. I think colors that contrast make cute 2 color choices.

The black and hot pink sounds cool, I might have to try that one sometime.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

fyrelight

#7 Post by fyrelight »

Blue and Gold are great for Christmas.... and Summer for me was Pink and Yellow.
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

csblackburn

gold ligs

#8 Post by csblackburn »

I was too much of a chicken when I had mine put on 3 weeks ago. I decided to go with the gold ligs to go with the gold brackets. When my first adjustment comes in October, I'll be getting blue on top and red on bottom. Go Red Sox!

;)
Got braces? http://www.igotbraces.com
The orthodontic and orthognathic surgery support forum for everyone.

csblackburn

Re: gold ligs

#9 Post by csblackburn »

KK wrote:
csblackburn wrote:
Your gold braces look fantastic csblackburn!

I have no idea who the Red Sox are ... but those colours sound like they'd go great with gold braces! :banana: Go the Mighty All Blacks!
Thanks, KK. I wanted ceramics but since I'm getting Orthognathic surgery my orthodontist recommended against them and suggested gold. So far, nothing but good comments which helps since I'm only 3 weeks in.

The Boston Red Sox are a baseball team and 2004 World Series champs after 86 years of futility. I know who the All Blacks are. Whatever happened to Jonah Lomu?

Cary

Rebraced

#10 Post by Rebraced »

Does anyone know if you can do colors with clear brackets. I am getting clear put on next week on both the top and bottom and I might at some point want to go a little wild.. Any suggestions?
Chris
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

fyrelight

#11 Post by fyrelight »

Yep, you can wear colors with ceramics OR metals..

Just have fun!
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

csblackburn

Re: gold ligs

#12 Post by csblackburn »

KK wrote: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Baseball ... I used to coach softball ... kinda the same I think ... but I was coaching high school not the level you're referring to!

Jonah nearly died from kidney disease, but has had a transplant and was going to make a come back to rugby ... although I think most of us Jonah fans didn't really want him to do it ... but he did play a bit of a game in England ... a testimonial game and I don't think he pulled up to great ... so now is helping more in an advisory capacity for rugby in New Zealand.

I've got five ceramic brackets on the top and the rest are metal ... just got the bottoms on today ... am really pleased I didn't get ceramic on the bottom ... the metal are smaller and yet they seem to cover a heap of my teeth! I also got purple ligs today ... and that has made everything so much better!
It's good to hear Jonah is doing good. I didn't even know about his kidney problems. The last I had heard of him was that he had turned down an extremely good offer to play football (American) in the U.S. It would have been interesting to see some of the other SPAMMERS LIKE ME reactions when he would simply run over them.

Hey, I love your purple ligs with your ceramics. That looks great! I don't think I'd get away with getting purple though. Not exactly very masculine, if you know what I mean.

Cary

Rebraced

#13 Post by Rebraced »

WOW the colors look real cool with clear brackets. I guess my ortho and I decided on clear so they would be less noticable however if I put color ligatures on it will defeat the purpose. I'll get wire ties on top and maybe color on the bottom. What has been the general reaction you all get from others when they see you have colored braces? I am just curious because I think it would be really fun to make the best of this situation however I don't want anyone thining I am going off the deep end. Any thoughts? By the way this is one of the best most informative forums I have ever come across and has helped educate me in my whole decision making process.
Chris
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

jaws

#14 Post by jaws »

The only alternating colours that I ever got were purple and blue, and I liked them:

Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

hannah164

#15 Post by hannah164 »

Meryaten.
those black and orange ligs look awesome especially on the ceramics! Thats awesome that you feel brave enough to do colors, its much more fun that way.

-Hannah :frogbraces: