I'm SO excited!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceUrself

I'm SO excited!!

#1 Post by BraceUrself »

OK I am getting more & more anxious by the day! I got my floss fish in the mail today(thank you very much) & I went & bought some wax to help prpare myself-I am getting my braces on in 19 days(Oct 3rd-same as Geri) & my spacers will be put in next Monday afternoon-I am ready! :wink: WHOO-HOO! Straight teeth, here I come!!!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

HollyDontSpend

Floss Fish

#2 Post by HollyDontSpend »

I got a floss fish too! Only problem is that I have a hard time using it on my bottom teeth. I waited a long time to get my braces too. Like you, I always had my sights set on getting them and I was given that opportunity now. I may not have appreciated them as much when I was younger like I do now. I found the procedure to be kind of fun because you can't see what they're doing in your mouth. I had no idea of what the braces looked like until after they put the archwires on and they gave me a mirror. I must admit, I love to talk to people about my braces and I LOVE to smile. I used to alway turn my face away from the camera because of my crowded teeth and what I called, "the tooth." It was my right incisor that overjetted (is that a word?) and always caught the light in pictures. The whole process has been kind of neat. Now I know what all those kids were talking about when I was in school---ortho jargon. Good luck! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Although it was exciting, I REALLY needed that ibruprophen about 30 minutes after they were on. HA! :-V :-)o :-1
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

altinure

#3 Post by altinure »

the only thing i really needed when i first got braces was chap stick. my lips were constantly chapped, and the chap stick really didn't even help that much. it was wonderful when it would get really bad and a side of my lip would swell up really badly because they were so chapped. i never needed to use wax or pain medication or anything.

yiiiikes

#4 Post by yiiiikes »

i agree with the person above me. get lots and lots of chapstick. haha

and it is verrrry exciting for me too! <3