Damon Adjustment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracedforthewedding

Damon Adjustment?

#1 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

So I go in next Tuesday morning for my first "adjustment". I tend to work myself up before any dental appointments and I have done that more so with my braces than anything else.... I have metal damon's on the top, can someone enlighten me on what they do so I am not walking into the unknown :shock:

2.25.14 Top brackets and arch wire placed
7.1.14 6 Spacers on bottom teeth
7.10.14 Bottom brackets
12.23.14 First power chain on left upper
2.18.15 Propel Treatment on upper right jaw
3.12.15 Wisdom teeth extraction/ TAD placed in pallet

djspeece

Re: Damon Adjustment?

#2 Post by djspeece »

Typically, the technician removes the archwires and has me brush and floss, the ortho comes over and pokes around a little bit, feeling my gums, and then tells the tech what kind of wires to install top and bottom, with some comment as to why. In my case I also have power chains and elastics, and he will prescribe the powerchain position (6 to 6, top and bottom in my case). Powerchains are applied, then the wire (I've had the same one for the last several visits), and then I am out the door after he rechecks the technician's work. Nothing to get worked up about in any event! Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Bracedforthewedding

#3 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

djspeece wrote:Typically, the technician removes the archwires and has me brush and floss, the ortho comes over and pokes around a little bit, feeling my gums, and then tells the tech what kind of wires to install top and bottom, with some comment as to why. In my case I also have power chains and elastics, and he will prescribe the powerchain position (6 to 6, top and bottom in my case). Powerchains are applied, then the wire (I've had the same one for the last several visits), and then I am out the door after he rechecks the technician's work. Nothing to get worked up about in any event! Best of luck to you.
Okay good! I knew Damon brackets were easier than the traditional "tightening" but I just wasn't sure... Good to know! Thank you!

2.25.14 Top brackets and arch wire placed
7.1.14 6 Spacers on bottom teeth
7.10.14 Bottom brackets
12.23.14 First power chain on left upper
2.18.15 Propel Treatment on upper right jaw
3.12.15 Wisdom teeth extraction/ TAD placed in pallet

chichi

#4 Post by chichi »

My experiences have been exactly what djspeece described. I'm generally in and out within 10-15 minutes.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

TMJJill

#5 Post by TMJJill »

Ditto the last couple posts. They said it well.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

TMJJill

#6 Post by TMJJill »

Ditto the last couple posts. They said it well.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

pmonique3

#7 Post by pmonique3 »

HI Bracedforthewedding

I HAD MY FIRST ADJUSTMENT MARCH 27TH AND IT WAS EASY. MY DENTIST HAVE YOU TO BRUSH/FLOSS FIRST THEN YOU SIT IN CHAIR AND THE TECHNICIAN CUTS OUT YOUR OLD WIRES THEN THE DENTIST COMES OVER CHECK OUT YOUR TEETH AND THEN HE ASKS IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS. ONCE HE IS THROUGH HE TELL EXPLAINS WHAT SIZE WIRE YOU ARE GOING TO GET AND THE TECHNICIAN PUTS THE WIRE IN. MAKES SURE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY POKING AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO. YOU WILL FEEL A LITTLE PRESSURE WHILE THEY PUT ON NEW WIRE BUT AFTER THAT YOU ARE GOOD TO GO UNTIL NEXT APPOINTMENT. I AM NEW TO DAMON BRACES ALSO I HAD MY BRACES PUT ON FEB 14. GOOD LUCK TO YOU