Someone's out to get you?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*hotslinthesun*

Someone's out to get you?

#1 Post by *hotslinthesun* »

I know some people out there have commented that sometimes they wonder if their ortho is a sadist who is trying to torture them, however the other day I got a comment that put a whole new spin on things.

One of the patients in my hospital placement was a paranoid schizophrenic and after a while of talking with him he mentioned that I had braces and that he thought braces were just for kids. I explained that yes, most ortho patients are children, however I never had the opportunity to have braces as a child and therefore I was doing it now. He then went on to say that he knew of a guy who had braces and got punched in the face and all of his teeth fell out because they were all attached by the braces, and he was just wondering if someone was trying to trick me into getting braces and is planning on punching me in the mouth so that I have no teeth left. :shock:

Ever wonder if anyone other than your ortho is out to hurt you? :wink:
Full ceramic braces 08/10/2005

true_jaat

#2 Post by true_jaat »

One of my friends had braces before and he was telling me his stories and he said he got into a fight once where someone punched him on his face and the braces broke but dont think his teeth fell out, just lots and lots of blood :)
The future depends on what we do in the present.

BraceMD

#3 Post by BraceMD »

That's an, umm, interesting theory. I have thought about that, the fact that having all your teeth attached to a wire makes it more likely to lose more teeth if you get punched or in an accident or something.

I fell off a bicycle one week after getting my braces on, and my only thought as I was falling was, "I CANNOT land on my mouth!". I shielded myself with my poor elbows instead.

I don't think my ortho is out to get me, though he is an evil man. :twisted:
Damon 3's 5/22/05
Unbraced 10/2/06

Permanant bonded retainer on bottom, bite positioner, and Hawley retainer at night...

Click www to see pics!

cassidy91

#4 Post by cassidy91 »

Sometimes I'm not sure if all the little things they do to my teeth are necessary, I wonder if sometimes he is experimenting with new things just for fun....

BraceFace13

#5 Post by BraceFace13 »

Interesting, theory... every trip to my ortho is a painful one! It seems the sharp tools are always "slipping" while he is working on my teeth. Makes you wonder. :shock: